Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Soloing

Since Green launched, I've gotten an enchanter to level 25, my first character past the early teens (and that was in the original Kunark era).

I've tried to charm solo a number of times, but have found it frustrating. When it works, I'll kill two mobs and end up with about 40% mana. This seems alright, not great, and meditating back to full doesn't take that long.

Much more often, I'll end up around half health. Sometimes this is because of a random charm break. Mostly it's because, after casting invisibility to intentionally break the charm, the mob gets in a few hits before I can root, mez or kill it.

Regenerating at 3/tick with about 450 health, a pull that doesn't go perfectly often leaves me sitting for 5-10 minutes to regen. Troll illusion helps a little, but this play style is ultimately more dull than I was expecting - especially compared to my level 10 necromancer, for whom soloing is a breeze.

What strategies are enchanters using to mitigate this? Is a spyglass required for enchanter soloing? Is there anything I can do to regenerate myself faster?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

A GCD will help this a lot. But there are not many in game atm.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Can you root your pet prior to breaking charm? Not sure if that’s possible or not
Old 11-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Orc

Same here. Not very efficient with length of charm and mana costs at the moment. Best use for it I found is using guards to charm steal.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

It's 4hp per tick with troll illu. Unless you're taking a ton of damage you should be able to regen 3 bars of health before 5 bars of mana. Start every fight with Rune I at least, and increase to II and III when you feel comfortable spending the plat on reagents. You should only be getting hit by your pet(s) before you nuke them really, unless root breaks early on the other mob(s).

But yes the playstyle is about 2/3 sitting and medding and 1/3 reverse charming mobs (this will get better whenever clarity is in). It's nice because you can get a level about every hour of actual time spent killing. If you prefer to be tabbed into the game at all times this might not be the class for you.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

charming is not worth it till clarity
Old 11-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

Charm is also reliant on a couple things. The level of the mob, Your CHA, Mobs MR. So if you are charming mobs close to your level with out high cha it is not going last a long time most likely. At lower levels like stated without Clarity Charm is a mana hog and recurrent breaks will make you oom fast at lower levels. I would also make sure you are matching your charm for the level mobs you are charming. You do not have to highest version you have if the mob level is not over the max level for the spell. This saves some mana. Best thing to do is find a partner like a necro/clr/druid/mage and duo so you dont have to eat the exp the pet takes and just kill till pet is low then kill pet.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Kobold

I’ve never leveled an enchanter past 30 for this exact reason, glad I’m not the only nub out here!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Banned

idk if your getting hit by every break your not doing it right, you break it from a far distance as possible so you can intercept it with a low level mez or root while it runs toward you for the finishing nuke

if you cant get distance in a dungeon use color stun spells to prevent damage while you channel a mez or root

if you need runes as a crutch in the beginning then use them

enc is really easy mode but i do agree with your original statement that necro is even easier
Old 11-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Really interesting replies so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A GCD will help this a lot. But there are not many in game atm.
Is a spyglass adequate for GCD reset? It seems easy enough to get, if a little expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you root your pet prior to breaking charm? Not sure if that’s possible or not
No casting any offensive spells on a charmed mob gives the same "targetname is protected" message as when you try to cast on a corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 4hp per tick with troll illu. Unless you're taking a ton of damage you should be able to regen 3 bars of health before 5 bars of mana. Start every fight with Rune I at least, and increase to II and III when you feel comfortable spending the plat on reagents. You should only be getting hit by your pet(s) before you nuke them really, unless root breaks early on the other mob(s).

But yes the playstyle is about 2/3 sitting and medding and 1/3 reverse charming mobs (this will get better whenever clarity is in). It's nice because you can get a level about every hour of actual time spent killing. If you prefer to be tabbed into the game at all times this might not be the class for you.
I don't think those numbers can be right. Meditate is supposed to give 1 mana per tick per 10 levels of meditate, so at 25 with meditate 130, I should be getting at least 13 mana/tick (which feels right - mana fills much faster than health).

It's very interesting to hear that the high level of downtime is expected. None of the guides really mentioned it before I rolled the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is also reliant on a couple things. The level of the mob, Your CHA, Mobs MR. So if you are charming mobs close to your level with out high cha it is not going last a long time most likely. At lower levels like stated without Clarity Charm is a mana hog and recurrent breaks will make you oom fast at lower levels. I would also make sure you are matching your charm for the level mobs you are charming. You do not have to highest version you have if the mob level is not over the max level for the spell. This saves some mana. Best thing to do is find a partner like a necro/clr/druid/mage and duo so you dont have to eat the exp the pet takes and just kill till pet is low then kill pet.
I'm doing high greens and blues with 180 CHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk if your getting hit by every break your not doing it right, you break it from a far distance as possible so you can intercept it with a low level mez or root while it runs toward you for the finishing nuke

if you cant get distance in a dungeon use color stun spells to prevent damage while you channel a mez or root

if you need runes as a crutch in the beginning then use them

enc is really easy mode but i do agree with your original statement that necro is even easier
I've mostly been in dungeons... maybe color stun is what I'm missing here. I've been trying to conserve mana as much as possible, but it doesn't sound like that's the best approach.
Closed Thread