Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? I thought they claimed they were a completely fresh guild thats completely new and in no way the same old guild but renamed?

Oh my i feel like everyone’s been lied to
Who has access to the guild bank? Remember this when a guild folds.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:27 AM
Banned

Can I short riot DKP?
Old 01-28-2021, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who has access to the guild bank? Remember this when a guild folds.
The AM guild bank followed the majority of AM players, first to AG, then guild/rng/ghost, and now freedom. Say what you will about Detoxx, but out of all the raid guilds I've been in (which is most of them), he might be the only leader who didn't disappear with at least some of the guild bank.

Also, Nexii, don't pretend you didn't come back due to being "insulted" by not getting free dkp when you weren't playing. Most people who started with DKP got it because we had a transfer formula. You didn't come back because you thought Riot was the best chance for loot and you "didn't want to compete with Jestuh for the Vulak ring."

That's fine, but at least own the fact your chance for loot was the deciding factor, not some imagined slight.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The AM guild bank followed the majority of AM players, first to AG, then guild/rng/ghost, and now freedom. Say what you will about Detoxx, but out of all the raid guilds I've been in (which is most of them), he might be the only leader who didn't disappear with at least some of the guild bank.

Also, Nexii, don't pretend you didn't come back due to being "insulted" by not getting free dkp when you weren't playing. Most people who started with DKP got it because we had a transfer formula. You didn't come back because you thought Riot was the best chance for loot and you "didn't want to compete with Jestuh for the Vulak ring."

That's fine, but at least own the fact your chance for loot was the deciding factor, not some imagined slight.
I didn't come back for that reason. I came back to play again and considered my options. While still tagged AM I asked around and was told zero. So yea, it was a slight. The principle of it really put me off Freedom given 90% of the leadership is the same.

People could go inactive for a year in AM and keep all their DKP - and much longer in some cases. So why was it AM DKP was worth zero but those that joined AG>Renamed Guild>Ghost etc for a couple of months got generous amounts?
Old 01-28-2021, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? I thought they claimed they were a completely fresh guild thats completely new and in no way the same old guild but renamed?

Oh my i feel like everyone’s been lied to
A quick trip to http://dkp.freedom.guild99.org/will show you the DKP transfer adjustments
Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't come back for that reason. I came back to play again and considered my options. While still tagged AM I asked around and was told zero. So yea, it was a slight. The principle of it really put me off Freedom given 90% of the leadership is the same.

People could go inactive for a year in AM and keep all their DKP - and much longer in some cases. So why was it AM DKP was worth zero but those that joined AG>Renamed Guild>Ghost etc for a couple of months got generous amounts?
Am I missing something here or did you just say that you didn't come back for loot then detail out why you chose the easier path for loot lol
Old 01-28-2021, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I missing something here or did you just say that you didn't come back for loot then detail out why you chose the easier path for loot lol
I'm saying I wasn't offered a reason why I was zeroed out while others got generous transfers. And it was various Freedom players who have brought it up to me, saying they'd do something only to go back on promises. Doesn't instill much trust in how things are run.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know what, I’m bored so I’ll bite…

First, lets examine you’re initial claim:

Quote:
Or you can refuse. I would have joined Freedom if they offered me 500-1500 like everyone else got. It was an insult to be offered zero when it's all the same leadership as Aftermath.
First, I don’t believe your claim you were offered 0 DKP, because basically everyone was given 150. Members who stuck with us but had less than 150 DKP after the adjustment were started at 150, and as far as I’m aware, every returning AM member until just recently was also started at 150. I’m not sure who you talked to, but you 100% could have gotten 150 DKP if you had made any sort of legitimate attempt (confirmed by multiple officers when I asked last night).

Next, you claim everyone got 500-1500. Lets take a look at what some people actually got...

Detoxx - 496
Furoar - 758
Jestuh - 1364
Enigmo - 300
Cheeana -193
Tailgating - 357
Me - 168

For reference, Jestuh was the highest adjustment at 1364, so literally no one got 1500. Not even Detoxx and Furoar, the two central figures in the guild got that much combined. Also, with the exception of myself, the thing all those people share in common is that they are people either primarily responsible for forming Freedom, or simply put in an absurd amount of work to keep it running smoothly.

Lets frame the 500-1500 DKP another way, using items. The last Ring 10 awarded in Freedom went for exactly 500 DKP, where as the most expensive item in the history of the guild is a Platinum Tear which went for 1450. Rounding out the top 5 most expensive items are an Abashi’s for 1123, a Jaelen’s for 1089, a Mrylokar’s for 1059, another Plat Tear for 1000, and just for good measure the 6th is a Ruby Tear for 950. Other items that went for exactly 500 DKP include a Dain Head, Shawl of Protection, and AoW Pants.

So putting this all together... you, someone who did exactly nothing to get the guild where it is today are under the impression at a minimum you should have been offered more DKP than the guild leader, and an amount ranging between the value of a Ring 10 up to greater than the most expensive items ever awarded in the guild, and find it offensive that you were not. Either you’re delusional and have a crazy inflated sense of your value to a guild or you’re full of shit and trying to justify what as of late looks to have been a poor decision.

Just to be clear, I’m not typing this all out because I begrudge your decision to join Riot, I don’t really care. What does annoy me is you portraying yourself as the victim of some injustice perpetrated upon you by your former unappreciative guild members. Everyone I know was stoked to hear you were back, and subsequently dismayed to hear you decided to join Riot. I suppose I don’t know why you made that decision, but I know it wasn’t because you were treated differently than any other former AM member who decided to return. I suspect it is because you thought Riot was your best chance for pixels, and now you’ve created this fiction where that not working out isn’t your fault.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM
Kobold

pixel sickness is real.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeviking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pixel sickness is real.
Nah. With it being winter and the rona still killing folks, there are worse ways to kill time than shit posting about drama on an elf sim forum.
Closed Thread