Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Default Intro to Raiding pt1: Vindi

“Be careful when you stare into the abys. Bc the abys stares back at you”

No, “Vindi isn’t a raid mob!” But it is the gateway to draft picks.

How to kill Vindi

Step One: Get FTE.

Vindi does make announce FTE. So the first person to get on his hate list will be clear to everyone in zone. This is helpful if there is a competing friend group also trying to kill Vindi - you’ll know right away who needs to wait another 8 hours and who gets to play ball right now.

Since he’s not a raid mob - you can camp a character on his spawn to accomplish FTE wo breaking server rules. It’s recommended that the FTE toon is Karl factioned, and has a fresh Sow...

Step Two: Bring Vindi to your friends.

Having dubious Kael faction is important. When you put direct agro into Vindi - you’ll also get secondary agro from nearby giants. They’ll start chasing you (so Sow). But Bc your factioned, no extra giants will.

(Ok there may be some other KoS to all giants up in there, but I’m honestly not one of those no life neck beards who bothers with all those kinda boring details).

Then once you make it to 4-way something magical has to happen. First your friends should have cleared all the trash mobs btwn 4-way and WL (semi important). Secondly, there should be basically a secons gunman waiting at 4 way to rip Vindi off of the dude.

What happens is all the extra giants are then taken to EW by the playmaking hero who got FTE.

And Vindi is brought solo into camp by the tagging ripper shooter. Magic.

Step three: Dance with the dude who brought ya

Vindi quads for up to $2,800 total every second (no slows. But still bring extra shamans to bid on loot. And give buffs lol).

Hypothetically - you could have a triple attacking monk get riposted 6 times in one round. Bringing the theoretical max bill to 7,000. So monks don’t usually Mt Vindi, even after hogging all the 35ac 100hp items.

Vindi also rampages. Which is a novel mechanic. Rampage agro is like a bizaro agro table where the amount of hate doesn’t matter. All that matters is: order and melee range.

To draw rampage attacks... don’t be the primary agro holder... do be in melee range... and do done have put direct agro into Vindi before anyone else in melee range who also isn’t the primary agro holder (hereafter: MT).

When I RT I like to use a Velium Spear of Implalling I get from free from Ring Wars to throw at Vindi before he gets to camp to establish Ramp agro.

So your friends group needs to include two tanks. A MT and a RT. Warriors are good Bc they have a defensive disc. And Vindi cannot be slowed. I recommend each warrior have 6,000 hp and 1,200 ac. But ymmv.

Now: how long will these warriors live without heals? 2700 *2/3 =1800 per sec. so after three seconds puts us at 5,400 damage. Still under 6k hp we got.

So the MT needs a CH every 3 seconds. CH cast time is 10 seconds. So you need a chain of 4 clerics casting CH in order. On the Mt. On time. W/o running out of mana before dps achieves the 270,000 damage (or whatever it takes - again, not a neck beard here).

The RT can get by with 2 clerics taking turns casting CH when he gets to 80% or something. Healing the RT with torpor and spot heals is also something useful all the shamans who showed up can do. Bc the RT doesn’t mind being slowed Bc Ramp agro is weird. See above.

If all this works. Then all you need is some more friends to do damage. Simple.

If the tank dies... that starts to get kinda advanced. Well cover that and more topics in future posts.

I know many of my readers may have misconceptions about raiding:
It’s so complicated!
Only a neck beard thinks it’s fun to learn all that stuff!
And, I shouldn’t have to do all that work to upgrade my Indicolite BP!

I’d like to invite you to imagine a different perspective:
Coordinating with a large friend group to accomplish something. That’s the fun part.

What’s more: you can do it! I believe in you!

Every step of the prodigal p99 journey has followed a pattern...

Look at that neck beard over there collecting bone chips to turn in for xp! I shouldn’t have to do all that. I just want to hit auto attack until I level up.

Look at that neck beard over there soloing that cash camp! How is that fun? Wont even respond to tells. Such a no life Afker. I just want to group with my friends and grind xp and random drops.

Look at that guild of neck beards over there competing for BiS pixels! They kill everything, make fun of everyone, and just seem like jerks. I just want to hangout with the nice people in my guild and do our guild events and stuff.

Sadly, it’s human nature to dehumanize those outside your tribe, while glossing over the banal cognitive bias within your own friend group or even yourself.

But I sincerely hope to see more of you all, my big tent brothers, at the next Vindi competing with my friends and other friend groups.

God Bless!!!
Old 04-14-2021, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Please go outside
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-14-2021, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Get off discord, stop raiding, and then proceed to the outdoors. Please do so in a timely fashion, thank you.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Pt1 was pretty good waiting for pt2
Old 04-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the tips. It has been a while since I did Vindi on any server. Looking forward to implementing these when Velious drops on Green.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:44 PM
Banned

some of you guys are mean

he just wants to share information about Everquest
Old 04-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, it seems to me this is a terrible thing to post in the forums ...

... because it would work much better as a guide in the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Assuming of course you left out some of the, er, "commentary".)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, it seems to me this is a terrible thing to post in the forums ...

... because it would work much better as a guide in the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Assuming of course you left out some of the, er, "commentary".)
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Please make a wiki guide for this!

It will benefit the community forever vs potentially being lost to time on the forums.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

I always wanted some information about raiding. Never played any guilds that raided long enough to get good at any of them, I would love to learn the strats. They seem like top secrets so it would be nice to read em all.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread