Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 01:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean there’s no raid size cap so it’s not like you’re gonna be rejected from the raid. But beyond being able to like animal charm in PoF with gorillas for dps you’re just a buff bot with minor spot heals it’s pretty boring.
A druid can drop killer DPS on many mobs from classic to Vulak if geared and played correctly on raids. Just saying. We have existed since Veeshan laid the Scars of Velious in Norrath's crust and to an exceptional few who said they wanted to be more than a buff bot spot healer go the legacy of those days. Also, properly geared druid is by far best healer in classic aside from Cleric if geared and played right. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Elijah850; 04-17-2021 at 01:57 AM..
Old 04-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid can drop killer DPS on many mobs from classic to Vulak if geared and played correctly on raids. Just saying. We have existed since Veeshan laid the Scars of Velious in Norrath's crust and to an exceptional few who said they wanted to be more than a buff bot spot healer go the legacy of those days. Also, properly geared druid is by far best healer in classic aside from Cleric if geared and played right. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“By far the best healer aside from Cleric” lol ok and? That’s like saying I’m the best out of some bad options. So you heal better than a shaman. Great. Druids never come close to Clerics in healing ability past like level 35. There’s a reason no one wants a Druid in a group after that
Old 04-17-2021, 07:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“By far the best healer aside from Cleric” lol ok and? That’s like saying I’m the best out of some bad options. So you heal better than a shaman. Great. Druids never come close to Clerics in healing ability past like level 35. There’s a reason no one wants a Druid in a group after that
You must really like me pal. You troll any sub forum post I make it seems. Funny. Imagine having everything figured out so acutely like you seem to! You are clearly burn master with that last post. Id vote for you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Want to arm wrestle?!?!?
Old 04-18-2021, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must really like me pal. You troll any sub forum post I make it seems. Funny. Imagine having everything figured out so acutely like you seem to! You are clearly burn master with that last post. Id vote for you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Want to arm wrestle?!?!?
I mean I’m not trolling you, I’ve just mained a Druid before. They aren’t effective healers after mid 30s or so. Like they don’t even come close to a Cleric, so it’s a weird statement to make to say basically “they’re the best healers after clerics” as though they come anywhere close
Old 04-18-2021, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

Since EQ isn't instanced all players compete for the same and very limited amount of camps and spawns.

Some of the content has been divided into timeslots for each guild, some of it you have to compete for (such as racing designated players to engage the target first).

What it effectively means either way is that at any time around the clock something can pop and at least someone needs to be online to watch for it to happen. I.e. stare at a blank screen for hours upon hours. Usually you would have parked your raiding character at the location ready to engage when the raid target has spawned. I.e. unless you're bound there you usually can't play your character during those hours. In some guilds people are logged off and they literally get a message on discord or their phone to come online. I.e. some will get up at 4 am and wake their sleeping family to kill a dragon.

The fights are usually super easy, dragons die in seconds. You may not even get a spell off in time. So it's 99% waiting and 1% dragon killing (less, actually).

Raid gear, most of it that's of any use, is hard to come by and requires a lot of raiding.

You typically also have to farm consumables for the raids. Some raids like VP have tough prequests in order to get the key. You'll have to farm mobs for days (once again, staring at a screen) if the camp isn't taken in which case u may have to wait in line).

Tbh, it's fun to raid a little just for the experience and see the content. See Lady Vox, Nagafen, the planes. After that, eh...

There are some raiding items of note that'll change how a character plays or power them up in a significant way. Some classes though needs very little or nothing from raiding to perform well in the endgame dungeons of the world.

As for the drama. Well, when people pour in literally years of their life into a game the competition can get serious indeed.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid scene in this is pretty ridiculous and sad. Most of the fight doesn't come down to can you take down the raid mobs in question, it's can you fight against the other players (who may be doing things like purposefully training you or otherwise griefing you to prevent you from getting the mobs before they do).

The problem is that EverQuest raiding rewards the raiders who have the least amount of lives outside of the game because of things like 8 hour windows and rewards guilds who can zerg the best. It's basically a contest of who can gather the most no-lifers with the most unhealthy pixel lust. But this is probably classic.
Unfortunately, this is pretty accurate. I can't speak for servers that I didn't use on Live, but on mine, pretty much all raid content was dominated by a single "uber" guild, with a hardcore elitest attitude problem. If another raid force dared to try to take a target that the "uber" guild wanted, then the "ubers" would just KS it, or train them, or whatever was necessary to make sure they got what they wanted. There are some people on Green (one guild in particular) that are following in this same tradition. The GM's essentially stepped in and said "Nope! Not putting up with that shit here. Find another way amongst yourselves, or we'll put new rules in place to force a less toxic environment." Both have happened.

In some cases there are "player agreements" in place to afford a more equitable raiding experience for all. In other cases, the GM's have laid down specific rules that must be followed. It's very complicated. It changes constantly. It's not always enforced appropriately. Long story short, if you wanna get in to raiding on Green, you need to do some research on the guilds, and choose one. Some of them don't do much raiding, some of them do a lot. Some of them are straight-up "zerg" guilds, some of them are more "small-man raid" focused. Some of them sock raid targets indefinitely, some of them don't sock at all. It's on you to find one that works for you.

As of now, the top raiding guilds are Seal Team, Kingdom, Black Lotus, and Venerate. Those are the guilds that seriously try to compete for the contested raid targets. There are a few other guilds that do a little bit of raiding as well: Fires of Heaven, Gathered Might, Calamitous Intent. Also of note, there are a few others that I think are trying to break in to raiding, but haven't quite gotten there yet, such as Safe Space, Dynasty, and Castle.

One other important note: On Green, there exists a guild "UN", with a dedicated Discord server. This is where the agreements and rules are typically worked out. The GM's use it, as well as representatives from the guilds that choose to take part in it (including all of those guilds I listed above). This is where raid petitions are filed (often with both video and log evidence), GM's lay down rules and judgements, and player agreements are discussed and ratified. Naturally, there are a lot of disputes and arguments, but, still, the UN is the beating heart of all raiding on Green.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean I’m not trolling you, I’ve just mained a Druid before. They aren’t effective healers after mid 30s or so. Like they don’t even come close to a Cleric, so it’s a weird statement to make to say basically “they’re the best healers after clerics” as though they come anywhere close
If they're geared right he said! I guess this assumes no cleric is geared right, or even well...
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

I would like to apologize for how insulting I've been in some posts. I shouldn't have implied every raider is a maladjusted person with no life outside of the game. You can be a cool person and still raid.
Last edited by TripSin; 04-18-2021 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlikan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see quite a few post here about drama for raids. I do remember that from live way back when, maybe I stayed out of it, but I don't remember it this extent. There are post about this guild or that guild, think I remember seeing a post where the person basically said raiding ain't worth it here because of how it is done. Now, I will say, getting to that point is fun, but getting there and being able to raid is also very fun.

So, really my questions are this, what is the reality of raiding at the top end and is it fun enough to be worth the journey? I had a toon several years ago on blue, didn't go to the raiding level, but I want to here. I am not one to run away from this but I remember when several guilds where on the time keys on Tunare, I think the agreement was working well, I don't remember a lot of drama.

Just questions, not a troll. I just want to have fun, level and some day raid.

Xoax
End game raiding here is hot trash dominated by unemployed people. Would avoid.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:55 AM
Banned

Just get some industrial strength deodorant and pop the vitamin D pills. U'll be fine. Ignore everyone and everything.
Closed Thread