Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

bruv you vaccinated.
I'm jealous and happy you made a good decision.

Zodium, my favourite philosopher OBVOUSLY is Diogenes.
Slavoj Zizek is so trash.
Last edited by Byue; 04-19-2021 at 02:21 AM..
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah yes, diogenes and zizek, two philosophers who are, famously, worlds apart, and whose ideas are in violent conflict.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bruv you vaccinated.
I'm jealous and happy you made a good decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DankLeft/co...d_breadpilled/
Old 04-19-2021, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

half the posts on 4 of our open threads are from that reddit

cool, I now feel like I'm being trolled and lied to
Old 04-19-2021, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way dude, I get it. It's pretty clear you have 15 IQ points on our pal G13 (not that he is stupid, by any means). I'd guess something like this is going on:

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for this because I tend to do the same thing. And you aren't wrong; you aren't a bad person at all. The problem is you are a PERSON. Even when you have the IQ points, it takes a huge amount of mental discipline to lock the emotional self away in a corner and prevent your mind from coming to the desired conclusion rather than the correct one, and I certainly don't always succeed myself.

So my challenge to you is: go read a few peer reviewed papers from both sides. Lock your emotional self away. See what conclusion you come to. Start with this one, the 6000 man Danish study. There are, by the way, several flaws with it. I won't give away the surprise, though!
Conclusions are about as problematic as beliefs. Either a person knows something with a reasonable amount of certainty or they don't, that's it. I don't know, but I suspect and with these suspicions continue to inform myself. The OP doesn't know, but believes he does and refuses to separate knowledge, or lack thereof, from belief. My contention is that, if there are unknowns still than the best course of action is to take certain precautions and implement preventative measures, just in case. Nothing that could potentially lead to a myriad of other serious manmade problems, such as using an app to track infections more effectively. There is always the underlying question of individual rights (or privileges), which was the point of that Seinfeld episode.

Emotional attachment to an idea is not worthwhile, on an individual, communal, or global level. One way to gauge emotions in an online forum is to simply assess the content of each post. Which is least informative or more antagonistic? Which is laced with profanity? Which is written in all caps?

Time will tell who is and isn't correct, IQs be damned. As for not being wrong or a bad person, everyone has been a bit of both; when or whether we are able to recognize where we are wrong and bad, and to what extent, is what separates the individual from the habitual. But even so, people are flawed and so are their studies, as you pointed out. Thanks for the link all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

Have a nice day.
Consider skateboarding.
George was not around for the deadliest of viruses, and he isn't around now to speak for himself. Views change with life experience, especially among those who question what is accepted truth, personal or otherwise. And anyway, Carlin was already practicing social distancing, farther than six feet, because of how increasingly annoying people were to him.

Also, if Carlin is the standard by which all others are measured, reconsider skateboarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxMOeL580Yk

Quote:
This forum has:
  • a resident nazi
  • one dude constantly praising bombing other countries.
  • one dude who speaks of jesus and the fall of morals in the 21st century.
  • always-Trumpets who will literally tell you that there is no photos of Trump and Epstein together like google doesn't exist.
  • Someone who is an immigrants but hate immigrants.
  • fascists elements.
  • compulsive liars.

and somehow I am singled out for the medication?

Is this because I remind you of your shitty history, or the fact you never really won a war by yourself unless it was against native women and children lacking your technology or against other Americans. Or when I remind you that everything you hate about this world is probably on the right wing of the spectrum and definitely rooted in capitalism?

What gives.
I take issue with being the resident Jesus freak. From here on out, only Buddha quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't do anything. Face Diapers are pointless.

All Maskholes are Democrats

Democrats are all about control and telling other people what to do because they are miserable and hate themselves
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sonia_Zak
Dr Sonia Zakrzewski Flag of European Union

Quote:
@Sonia_Zak
Replying to
@DrMatthewSweet
The joys of Medical Hypotheses. That journal is such a problem
The link that you opened this thread with and based your entire argument on has serious credibility issues, which haven't been addressed. Parroting the same lines over and over won't make what you believe and want others to believe any more true. That you assume I, and others, belong to a single party based on one global issue/personal decision is nothing new and one of the underlying problems with American politics.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

George was not around for the deadliest of viruses, and he isn't around now to speak for himself. Views change with life experience, especially among those who question what is accepted truth, personal or otherwise. And anyway, Carlin was already practicing social distancing, farther than six feet, because of how increasingly annoying people were to him.

Also, if Carlin is the standard by which all others are measured, reconsider skateboarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxMOeL580Yk
Haha god damn, Ennewi bringing the heat all over this thread.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-19-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

haha I love my generation.

we skipped school.

hated church.

blamed our parents.

and got all our knowledge from comedians.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insert internet explorer meme here.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but here's my small effort to combat dangerous misinformation.

TLDR: the linked article in the original post is misleading, to say the least. You should think of it as the science journal equivalent of an opinion/editorial piece in a newspaper.

1) This is not a "study," it's what most journals would term a review article. The author did not do any original research, he's just giving his interpretation/opinion of a bunch of other studies. He's also not an expert on this topic, except for possibly the effects of wearing a mask while exercising - his degree is in clinical exercise physiology.

2) To be generous, I'll call his conclusions "a big stretch." To be more specific, the articles he cites as evidence for his claims fall under three categories: articles that have been debunked/outweighed by other results, textbooks/manuals with no specific reference to a particular section (i.e. useless), and articles that say the complete opposite of what this author says they do. For example, this questionable claim:

"Due to the difference in sizes between SARS-CoV-2 diameter and facemasks thread diameter (the virus is 1000 times smaller), SARS-CoV-2 can easily pass through any facemask"

cites https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32329337/ as evidence. The results of that study in fact indicate "combinations of various commonly available fabrics used in cloth masks can potentially provide significant protection against the transmission of aerosol particles," with surgical masks being more effective than common cloth masks for smaller particle sizes (although both still reduced transmission).

3) Any article from the Medical Hypotheses journal that this was published in should not be considered settled science. The journal's goal is to, in short, publish opinion articles that "foster the diversity and debate upon which the scientific process thrives," not to present research. You can read the full statement here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journa...aims-and-scope.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread