Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you able to eliminate the quirk where adjusting far-clip plane was causing the light sources' effective radius to change?

Danth
Haven't looked into this yet. It's a known issue, but not one that we felt was worth delaying the rollout.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Is this what everyone is seeing in Tox?

https://imgur.com/OkLa8qj
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Will the gamma slider eventually be disabled? 100% gamma makes it look like fortnite. ~:-)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I am not sure if anyone is having the same issues I am or not. I am a human bard in Qeynos. I ran into a dark corner. On the left is with a torch equipped, on the right is with the torch unequipped (on my cursor). The ambient light around me in both pictures is identical, which I don't think would be expected.

Let me know if you need any more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torch_light.jpg (62.3 KB, 394 views)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this what everyone is seeing in Tox?

https://imgur.com/OkLa8qj
Some sky files were missing from this patch and will be included in the next one. Toxx should be pitch black at night and that blue tint is not intended.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure if anyone is having the same issues I am or not. I am a human bard in Qeynos. I ran into a dark corner. On the left is with a torch equipped, on the right is with the torch unequipped (on my cursor). The ambient light around me in both pictures is identical, which I don't think would be expected.

Let me know if you need any more details.
Where were you standing in Qeynos? I'll take a look. That does indeed look like a bug.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where were you standing in Qeynos? I'll take a look. That does indeed look like a bug.
If you are standing, looking at the front gates. I went in the cubby to the left. Unfortunately not able to get a /loc right now.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the gamma slider eventually be disabled? 100% gamma makes it look like fortnite. ~:-)
Gamma can't be disabled, because it's an OS-level setting. Removing the slider won't stop people from doing it.

However, people who expect high gamma to allow a human to see at night may be disappointed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are standing, looking at the front gates. I went in the cubby to the left. Unfortunately not able to get a /loc right now.
I just tested that same area on green beta with a fresh human character and my starting candle. Everything works the way I expect it to. Are you using /dyn off, or toggling advanced lighting in the options?

That spot will never be fully dark due to the light bouncing from the city lamps behind you, but my personal light source certainly illuminates it like I expect.
Closed Thread