Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 03:32 AM
Skeleton

Default Nice Solo Spot in Splitpaw ~35-42

There are 7 Gaduladian Widemouths (snakes) under the bridge/waterfall area in Paw. None of the gnolls see invis, so you can safely run to this spot if invis is available to you. The snakes are non-aggro but are social, and some start to con green at 42. They occasionally proc a weak poison spell that didn't out-damage Chloroplast and the hardest melee hit I took was for about 70. Respawn time is 22:00 and you get the juicy ZEM bonus of 120%. If you pull them right up to the pillar on the little island (see below), they count as being out of the water for spells. The water can feel fiddly at first, but after you get a feel for it, it's reliable. All but 2 can be pulled solo. No traffic/trains, no loot.

I hereby dub this camp Snakehol.... er, Snake Lake.

The spot.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The two snakes that cannot be pulled solo. The rest are social, but will not aggro each other so long as you pull them directly away from their friends.

There is one buggy, low-level gnoll that glitches through the bridge ever so often. At 40, he wouldn't aggro me unless I was sitting. Don't sit on this side of the pillar and he shouldn't bother you.

- Wulver Eyestone
Old 02-13-2020, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Nice find and write up, thanks!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-13-2020, 10:08 AM
Banned

nice work. good job going out and exploring the game.

been in splitpaw a decent amount on green and never really see anyone here. yet see plenty of complaints about how the server is overcrowded.

sorry u didnt get in the goblin basement group.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Splitpaw is a very underrated zone. It is slightly "annoying" because of all of the necros, mages and clerics. But it's a great duo location and of course solo for enchanters. The ZEM is small but compared to that level range , there really isn't much ZEM better except City guards and they are only a little bit better.

This snake spot is cool. I have seen them in my ventures down there and never really dug into them. Sounds like an interesting spot.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome write-up: have you considered adding it to the wiki? You'll make it so people can keep benefiting from this info long after this thread fades in the forum.

A quick and easy way to do so would be to add a http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide entry (you could basically just copy the existing Splitpaw entry and change a few details) .... but really a write-up this thorough, in my humble opinion, deserves its own page. You can also do both: add an entry, but then link to a more thorough guide.

If you want to do that, take a look at similar "hunting spot" pages that already exist, to get an idea of how to do so: http://wiki.project1999.com/Category..._Hunting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Mines of Nurga and Crystal Caverns are also two good spot for this lvl range that not all know about. Mines improve Chardok faction and CC has a bank in zone!
Old 02-14-2020, 03:18 AM
Aviak

This is fantastic. If everyone wrote up their favorite hunting spots when they leveled out, we'd have a positive hub of knowledge that would be ripe for new players. Personally I think there should be a 50 congrats sticky atop each server discussion page where players can post that they've hit 50 and then post their progression, like:
1-3: Qeynos North
4-7:Qeynos Hills
7-12: Blackburrow
12-16: West Karana
16-20: East Karana
20-26: Mistmoore
26-29: South Karana
Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

So far my cleric its been

Misty Thicket to 8
Blackburrow to 12
Eruds Crossing wisps to 15
WK Scarecrows to 16

I may get to 50 without grouping not sure since I heard clerics are pretty highly populated on groups on green in the latter levels
Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fantastic. If everyone wrote up their favorite hunting spots when they leveled out, we'd have a positive hub of knowledge that would be ripe for new players. Personally I think there should be a 50 congrats sticky
Why have a sticky when we have a wiki?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fantastic. If everyone wrote up their favorite hunting spots when they leveled out, we'd have a positive hub of knowledge that would be ripe for new players. Personally I think there should be a 50 congrats sticky atop each server discussion page where players can post that they've hit 50 and then post their progression, like:
1-3: Qeynos North
4-7:Qeynos Hills
7-12: Blackburrow
12-16: West Karana
16-20: East Karana
20-26: Mistmoore
26-29: South Karana
Hey that’s actually a cool idea there friendo
Closed Thread