Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

Default New Paladin solo advice

I'm looking to solo mostly but with the ZEM changes, I guess I'm looking for leveling recommendations and possible inexpensive weapon exchanges. I was planning on focusing on undead since they won't run and to benefit from the undead lines of pally spells and Ghoulbane. I was thinking Unrest from 20-25 or so before going to MM till 35. Prolly return to unrest basement until 40. Prolly lower guk after that. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Below is my setup so I won't have to list it all.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]olin
Old 02-22-2021, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

iirc mistmoore doesnt actually have any undead in it. yer gear is well above average so you shouldnt have any trouble until at least 40. its totally possible for you to grind it out on a paladin, i soloed my paladin almost entirely until 57 with no fungi, its slow as hell, but i rarely died. get a dw helm at 45 and a chest if you can afford it.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds painful, don't. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

I soloed 99% of my xp to 60. It’s a slog but what else to do with a time locked server?

Use a 18/19 delay 1h to 20 if possible. If not a PWC and switch to the baton of faith. Get a Reaver ASAP and hunt guards. Most of them are warrior mobs and thus easy to outlast.

The undead pally path is a carry-over from when the Ghoulbane was actually good. These days on blue the procs barely keep up with the poor ratio. Throw in the fact most undead spots are a long ways from a vendor to sell fine steel at and my own perpetual poverty and it’s just never been tempting.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

With Velious armor/weapons, some haste and fungi Paladin is easily one of the most fun and fastest leveling paths to about 50. Lull is far more effective than FD splitting most of the time and if it goes wrong you just root camp. Velious two handers give you respectable dps and at 45+ a free clicky heal means to basically have zero downtime. Before than Fungi plus supplemental paladin heals are more than adequate.

I solod almost entirely to 50 in just a couple of super casual weeks. I think it was like Unrest 12-18, Mistmoore 18-24, HHK goblins 24-35, Unrest basement 35- 40, CoM 40-48, the Hole 48-52. Was easily doing a level an hour if not faster all the way up to 50.

After about 52 at the Hole ent, youre going to have a bad time trying to continue soloing. Mobs just hit to hard and have too many hitpoints altough its still totally doable with free heals and roots.

Reaver is awesome but I ran into problems with some old world content and undead so I also kept a Exquisite Broadsword as a backup. Enjoy the ride, between the ability to split camps, control adds, and essentially never stop killing, Paladin is a really fun and fast path to 50.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the input. Guess I'll start looking for a Reaver. That was the original plan but got tired of looking in EC and ran low on funds.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

For 50+ soloing, as others said it will slow down quite a bit. I ended up changing strategy at this point: instead of slow and steady with helmet heals, I spammed undead nukes in Lguk (on wizard mobs as much as possible), with lots of medding in between. Downside is it's a bit slower, though not by that much, upside is you can watch netflix or read etc. Makes the grind more bearable. Might be better spots for that now with the ZEM changes.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 02-22-2021, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

You can get to 50 in like 2 weeks with your gear and riding the zem train, just need a reaver as others have stated. 20-30 runneye, 30-38 upper guk/ct gators(i prefer upper guk since gators often camped), 38-45 kedge ent/2nd floor, 45-51 bloodgills in loio. I've done this many times with alts.

Pallies really aren't that good at killing undead(only halfway decent with a dawncaller proc ToV weapon), this might have been true in classic because ghoulbane ratio was ok with a proc since weapon ratios were so bad then, but in velious ghoulbane is absolute trash & undead nukes are a waste of mana. Focus on the above path, reaver with 2h dmg bonus absolutely wrecks, can hit for like 200 at lvl 30 with enough str.

Gluck
Last edited by Crede; 02-22-2021 at 08:34 PM..
Old 02-22-2021, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

you can solo any melee to about 45 with minimal issues with a Fungi - after that youre going to need a partner
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-23-2021, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Crystal Caverns is an under appreciated zone 35-45ish. Has a bank, and the lower lvls are great exp. terror, spider and geo tunnels.
Closed Thread