Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Default Green Lifespan?

I'm thinking about getting back into P99 again but it seem as though Green has already been around for like a year and a half. From what I understand, eventually Green will be wiped and have all content dumped into Blue.

If that is true, is Green worth starting out on at this point? I'd hate to put all that work into a character just to have to start over again in 6-12 months. Playing on Blue is certainly out of the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How much time do you think current Green has left in it?
Old 03-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking about getting back into P99 again but it seem as though Green has already been around for like a year and a half. From what I understand, eventually Green will be wiped and have all content dumped into Blue.

If that is true, is Green worth starting out on at this point? I'd hate to put all that work into a character just to have to start over again in 6-12 months. Playing on Blue is certainly out of the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How much time do you think current Green has left in it?
Velious COULD launch as early as end-July and I would assume at least a year (probably two or more) before merge.

So I'd say a solid 18-24 months.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:57 AM
Banned

TBH how sick would it be if they re-opened Teal, still in it's classic state.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Green's life force is running out!
Elf lawyer shot the food!
Old 03-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Large Bat

What would be great is if a new server launched at the same time as Velious or possibly around the time that Luclin would have launched in the timeline.

The players and guilds could decide... continue on in Green for Velious accomplishments or push for that YT on a brand new server.

I think part of EQ that's missing on Green is the fact that on live, the top guilds always had somewhere new to go with expansions coming out, but once we get time locked in Velious the ceiling stops rising.

A new server would serve as an expansion of sorts, thinning out the population at the top therby allowing some players a chance at experiencing new content without impacting anyone
Old 03-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

I will just start back on green once it reopens as classic again.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

how is the merge gonna work if you already have 8 blue toons on your account?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless something changes you'll have to delete toons to get your merged ones to show up. That's how it worked in the teal merger, which is the best evidence we have to go by at the moment.

So if you put all your green dudes on the same account as your blue dudes, you done fucked up. Many hardcore p99 people know its best to have many accounts and not stack toons on a single one, even for the same server. But many of us make the mistake of only using one account without realizing. At this point all you can do is stop making new guys on green or blue on that account and hope that by the time the merge actually happens they have come up with some other method to allow you access to more characters.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the characters will be alphabetized. The first 8 will be visible. To see the ninth and beyond, you would have to delete one or more of the first 8.

It is recommended to make all alts on a fresh new loginserver account. This can be found at the Home menu button.
Last edited by Videri; 03-28-2021 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Fammaden FTE'd that forum post!
Old 03-30-2021, 06:43 AM
Large Bat

I admit I didn't know this (my fault), and it's very disappointing. I didn't start green to play in blue, I started green to play in green.

I just hope there is still grouping in blue if/when I get there/the merge happens.
Closed Thread