Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I predict if green99 is extremely popular, purple99 will shortly follow. Or at the latest be what green99 becomes after it is complete, and then again and again. again and again and again.
purple99 is that what we're calling this? lol
Old 07-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: contrary to what was said above, Evil team did in fact have access to bards. There were a couple infamous ones on Sullon Zek - Pino comes to mind, and so does Nancy (male character), Jennifer (also male character, welcome to pvp servers), Darksong, Speedd (Kirban's bard when Kirban got banned for hacking, temporarily only somehow), and more.
Kirban, talk about the king of the neckbeards, lol.

Of those others, I think Jennifer was the one that was de-leveled all to hell and went around killing noobs all day that couldn't hit him for shit because his defense skill was so high. Dorksong was pretty much the same, a bottom feeder that fought people much lower level than himself. The name Nancy rings a bell but I don't recall why but probably for the same reason.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Kobold

There is an enormous amount of work to set up a server. There is even more work involved setting up a PvP server. Their hands will be full enough working to get a green server going.

I highly doubt there will be any time to invest into a server that will have less than 50 people total.

But you can keep dreaming.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 07-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is an enormous amount of work to set up a server. There is even more work involved setting up a PvP server. Their hands will be full enough working to get a green server going.

I highly doubt there will be any time to invest into a server that will have less than 50 people total.

there is more factors to reds population issues than you seem to be aware of.

red had 500+ people at launch, i think a fresh pvp server where people could compete for guises and manastones could see similar numbers. red had double the pvp level range at launch and a number of other quality of life issues that have since been implemented which i think could contribute to greater retention. and hopefully this time a former staff member implicated in RMT doesnt ban entire guilds and turn the server into a one guild fest just as the server begins to raid dragons.
Last edited by Lowlife; 07-01-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're underestimating how many would play on it based just on red's current pop (which you still understated.) There's plenty of people like myself that are currently on blue but would switch if there was a pvp teams server. Pvp servers will never be as popular as pve but they can still be pretty popular when done right.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're underestimating how many would play on it based just on red's current pop (which you still understated.) There's plenty of people like myself that are currently on blue but would switch if there was a pvp teams server. Pvp servers will never be as popular as pve but they can still be pretty popular when done right.
I am one of those people
Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, as I recall it was not. The three teams could definitely not group together as I remember I was always very nervous going to HHK to buy pet spells on my Good Team chanter because it was a Neutral Team stronghold. I could illusion to human and fool them visually but I frequently got tells asking if I wanted to group while there and I knew if they tried to invite me it would fail and the jig would be up.

I'm also pretty certain you could not form guilds with members from other teams either so that pretty much eliminated any kind of cross teaming.
This is all correct. Go go good team! (I was flowers of happiness)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxchunjae1912 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody mentioned in ec that item links for auctioning wasn’t classic either. A lot of us want to know if this means we have to type out every single stat for items on green? I suppose that was the original classic way of doing it, if anyone knows thx in advance.
I think this has to do more with the client side of things that p99 is using

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 07-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is more factors to reds population issues than you seem to be aware of.

red had 500+ people at launch
Red's population was 500 at launch and then became 50 for the same reason you played 'x' game for 20 minutes before uninstalling it. Not because it was good and then became bad, but because it was shit and only a few shitbrained people liked it. I actually don't have anything against a pvp server, despite my belief that 'play red' posters are braindead. I just don't think it's feasible as EQ is horribly imbalanced even as a PvE game, let alone as a *FFA PvP game.

In other words this is another 'play red' thread and I believe I've made my beliefs clear.

A teams server is something else entirely which I would like to see, even if unclassic. I'd at least give it a go, although it might eventually be shit, it wouldn't be as predictable - and easily avoidable - as the catastrophe that is 'red'.
Last edited by Keza; 07-02-2019 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Speciying FFA
Old 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Red had hundreds of players in Kunark.

Maybe I am seeing causation where there is only correlation, but the more thinly spread the playerbase, and the higher the potential disparity in equipment, the more that is at stake in each encounter, the less people are interested in playing a pvp version of Everquest.

PvP works as a fun afterthought, not as something that defines the server.
Closed Thread