Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-29-2024, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeItClean2024 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May I suggest wiping it clean? Wipe all P99 servers and start fresh with just a single server. No more fragmented playerbase. Quarm took away too many people to support 2 truly healthy servers imo. P99 was at its best when peak player count was 1000-1300ish on Blue. Neither server gets anywhere near that anymore and they're both worse off for it.
No

Maybe you don't give a F about your characters, or don't have any, but I and many others do. If they started wiping stuff I doubt I would keep going if I felt that new characters I rolled would only get deleted at some point down the road just because people would get jealous of my progress
Old 01-30-2024, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that post on guide applications being accepted only for blue kinda puts a damper on the idea that the servers are merging anytime soon
It possible the present policies for the guide/GM program may be influencing the lack of merge: They don't want their staff playing on the server they're active as staff on. With two servers, that's viable. When it was just blue, most of the staff also played. Red is not viable as an alternative server, and the amount of volunteer staff who want to put in significant hours at no pay for a game they can't even play has got to be vanishingly small.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:54 PM
Aviak

nope

[ You smell that? ]
Old 01-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It possible the present policies for the guide/GM program may be influencing the lack of merge: They don't want their staff playing on the server they're active as staff on. With two servers, that's viable. When it was just blue, most of the staff also played. Red is not viable as an alternative server, and the amount of volunteer staff who want to put in significant hours at no pay for a game they can't even play has got to be vanishingly small.
I totally support that rule in theory (that staff shouldn't actively play on the same server they GM on, because there are obviously perverse incentives all over the place), but I honestly don't know how they can ever hope to enforce it unless the entire p99 staff has to live in a house together like big brother or something.

For that reason, I very much doubt it has anything to do with the lack of a merge.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally support that rule in theory (that staff shouldn't actively play on the same server they GM on, because there are obviously perverse incentives all over the place), but I honestly don't know how they can ever hope to enforce it unless the entire p99 staff has to live in a house together like big brother or something.

For that reason, I very much doubt it has anything to do with the lack of a merge.
They could incentivise non-GM players to dob their staff mates in by offering free fungi to any player that is able to finger a staff using a player toon on the server that staff GMs.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-30-2024, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They could incentivise non-GM players to dob their staff mates in by offering free fungi to any player that is able to finger a staff using a player toon on the server that staff GMs.
Finally, after 24 long years we have the answer to staff corruption: free fungis. In *no way* could that system be exploited on a free to play server.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally, after 24 long years we have the answer to staff corruption: free fungis.
only a mind twisted and warped by hormone pills could come up with such nonsense
Old 01-31-2024, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]