Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ssra temple (custom content suggestion)

So I have been paying Phinney lately, and last night experienced ssra temple for the first time. I was really honestly having a blast! Probably the most fun I've had in eq in a long while. I have always thought luclin was a garbage expansion (and honestly aside from this zone and nexus/bazaar I still feel this way) but apparently there are some gems.

So I was researching that the Shissar were originally from kunark, so I don't think it's too far out of reach to put ssra temple somewhere off a kunark zone as custom content. Perhaps consider it their hidden temple before the green mist forced them out.

Anyone else really enjoy this zone? I feel I've been missing out! I was never a high level back in 2001 so I didn't get to experience the high end game of luclin/pop. Are there more hidden gem zones in those terrible expansions? If so, do you think they'd be good ideas for custom content?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

you could keep all neckbeards trapped inside as well
Old 01-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

If they don't kill the raid target in time their characters get trapped in there until it re-pops with a 7-30 day variation.
You know someone would p.sock that mob

I wouldn't be mad if they added Veksar. It would fit in with the classic theme imho. Given appropriate item balance changes.
Maybe on a new server. Don't want to taint blue or red.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-22-2017 at 01:51 PM..
Old 01-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there more hidden gem zones in those terrible expansions? If so, do you think they'd be good ideas for custom content?
Evia understand the opinion that these were bad expansions is far from a consensus and I would almost say by a slim margin the majority of people (myself included) actually really liked those expansions. If there was an option to copy this server as it is and have the expansions continue through PoP on the copy I would play there.

This server was created with the mindset that classic was fun and classic was best. Almost everyone on the server agrees with the former but not necessarily the latter. I think a lot of people had the hopes that after time the server staff would decide to implement more of the content.

In regards to your question, Ssra was a ton of fun and yeah there is more fun to come for you. The PoP expansion has fantastic time with interesting zones and challenging encounters. Awesome gear and AAs to be had as well.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 01-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quite a few of us really liked PoP the best, and to get there you have to go through Luclin. Luclin was ok, some of it was kind of dumb, but it did have some standout spots. PoP was where the great story of EQ reached its pinnacle, in my opinion. After that it became something else in spirit and in reality.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evia understand the opinion that these were bad expansions is far from a consensus and I would almost say by a slim margin the majority of people (myself included) actually really liked those expansions. If there was an option to copy this server as it is and have the expansions continue through PoP on the copy I would play there.
Takp. Not there yet but given time it SHOULD be the "P99" of Luclin/PoP era.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

P99 should introduce Ssra and VT as custom content. Have a portal to Ssra from Vulak's room after Vulak and all of his guards are slain. When you get ported in it force changes your bind to the entrance of Ssra.

Key as normal for Emperor Ssra, and kill him. The Planes Rifts that drop have a clicky port to Vex Thal entrance. Just one charge so you must keep killing Emperor to revisit VT or you must stay in VT (no binding in VT).

Excellent time consuming custom content for neckbeards in VT and for casuals in Ssra.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA is raiding Ssra on Monday and Vex Thal on Wednesday before PoP comes out.

Try Phinigel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ain't no body got time for that! But I must say your propaganda is far better than the try red campaign
Old 01-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ain't no body got time for that! But I must say your propaganda is far better than the try red campaign
But you've got time to clear PoGrowth for 7 hours to have 2 Tunare loots split between 4 guilds? Wat.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Aviak

i would love a "Classic-Inspired Custom" server. something like P99 with all of the neat ideas from SoL+ backported into classic. the post-classic expos had some good content, but they also kind of lost sight of what made EQ special. especially anything they released after WoW when they started chasing the more "casual" players who just wanted a virtual treadmill.
Closed Thread