Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Kunark eq is the best version of the game

Every new server starts with just classic, or eventually wants to go to velious, or pop, or whatever the server's end goal is. I think kunark eq is the ONLY really good version of the game. Here's why:

-blue had the highest population when only kunark was out
-kunark balanced a lot of classes, added needed spells, gave some qol changes that made the game not garbage
-actually gave outdoor zones past level 20 to group in, an entire continent with fun and challenging dungeons. this fixes over population and actually gives you things to do as well as a lot more raid content
-level 50-60
-iksar

So why not velious? People have hyped up velious since forever since it has the most depth for end game raid content. But for the normal or casual player, it's just not that interesting. Velk's is one of the main dungeons that people can actually use to level without jumping through a bunch of hoops. Overall, a lot of the content is gated or similar in feel(mostly ice or snow). I just think if you look at the content in kunark, it just feels better and more fun to play in generally. The zones are more unique and feel more nostalgic overall.

So how does this effect green? I think it was a huge missed opportunity to launch without kunark in the game. Kunark fixed a lot of issues to make the game more playable and add depth. Classic eq without kunark honestly just sucks as a game and the expansion did a lot to fix it.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-30-2019, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Green will be under 1000 daily population when Kunark releases. I doubt it'll break 2k in either Kunark or Velious.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green will be under 1000 daily population when Kunark releases. I doubt it'll break 2k in either Kunark or Velious.
I don't see how that's relevant to the post.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how that's relevant to the post.
He asked how it will effect Green. The server population will be MUCH lower by then and, ironically, will make the game world feel very empty. As opposed to now where everything is extremely overcrowded.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He asked how it will effect Green. The server population will be MUCH lower by then and, ironically, will make the game world feel very empty. As opposed to now where everything is extremely overcrowded.
So first off I'm the op, and I didn't ask how it would effect green. I stated that it was a missed opportunity to not launch with kunark. I was using the question as a way to present my next point.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Citation needed.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So first off I'm the op, and I didn't ask how it would effect green. I stated that it was a missed opportunity to not launch with kunark. I was using the question as a way to present my next point.
This staff has been working towards a classic to velious server for 10+ years. This was the plan 10 years ago. They would never change that because one expansion is better than the other. Just skipping stuff or leaving other stuff out so you can jump to the best part isn't always best. The best expansion is also subjective.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This staff has been working towards a classic to velious server for 10+ years. This was the plan 10 years ago. They would never change that because one expansion is better than the other. Just skipping stuff or leaving other stuff out so you can jump to the best part isn't always best. The best expansion is also subjective.
Yet thye launched Green with NUMEROUS game-changlingly unclassic features! lol!
Old 10-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Kobold

The op clearly stated he thinks humans are superior to vahshir and that racial exp is a joke
Old 10-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Velious is my fave expansion. I really wish I could make a Coldain Dwarf character.