Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost got my barb to 60 and its been pretty fun. I'm not sure why but my class is getting a major buff next week so that's exciting.
Congrats! Play any other class and you'll see why. Barb is great at being tanky but their dps seems to lag behind the other classes a bit. They could use a bit of a buff. I have a 30s barb I duo with my irl brother and it's a chore to play him compared to my Rogue. Still a fun class don't get me wrong! Just takes too long to move and kill stuff.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-01-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Level 79 Barb - Still playing but not real excited. The game content ends at level 70 right now, that's just simply the truth. 75-100 has no progression in gear or things to do which is really weird for a game where acquiring new gear and exploring is really the only objective... I guess there are some uniques that people get unlucky finding and chase those, but im not sure that really counts for much.

The problem in D4 right now is the same as in many other action RPGs, you get to a point where you can 1 shot enemies and they can 1 shot you right back so it becomes a stupid game of jousting. I have a 100 Druid and 100 Barb on Eternal

D4 will probably be pretty fun after the first expansion but we are playing the Beta still unfortunately. The game has a really good foundation is the positive... Killing shit feels pretty good if they can fix resists and defenses and worry about making it fun to play instead of "balancing" the classes (this is a single player game who gives a fuck about balance).

I watched the POE2 trailer... makes me a little sad this is what we got out of D4 on release, but whatever, I played D3 for like 10 years off and on through the good and bad and will probably do the same here.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 08-01-2023 at 11:13 AM..
Old 08-02-2023, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 79 Barb - Still playing but not real excited. The game content ends at level 70 right now, that's just simply the truth. 75-100 has no progression in gear or things to do which is really weird for a game where acquiring new gear and exploring is really the only objective... I guess there are some uniques that people get unlucky finding and chase those, but im not sure that really counts for much.

The problem in D4 right now is the same as in many other action RPGs, you get to a point where you can 1 shot enemies and they can 1 shot you right back so it becomes a stupid game of jousting. I have a 100 Druid and 100 Barb on Eternal

D4 will probably be pretty fun after the first expansion but we are playing the Beta still unfortunately. The game has a really good foundation is the positive... Killing shit feels pretty good if they can fix resists and defenses and worry about making it fun to play instead of "balancing" the classes (this is a single player game who gives a fuck about balance).

I watched the POE2 trailer... makes me a little sad this is what we got out of D4 on release, but whatever, I played D3 for like 10 years off and on through the good and bad and will probably do the same here.
Spot on. The game is fantastic 1-70 when you're building out your gear, finding those perfect aspects, and its raining paragon points. I'd actually say 1-80 is fine...but 90-100 is just painful.

I'm basically at a point on my necro now where it feels like I've sold/salvaged a thousand items from NMDs searching for those 3 or 4 perfect pieces to more or less "complete" my gear. It just feels bad doing 20 NMDs and getting absolutely nothing. Don't get me started on Helltide chests to target farm, the iLvl gear is trash.

I think they ought to adjust how the 4 stats on gear are rolled...to incentivize going for higher NMD dungeons. Say when you first hit WT4, ancestrals can drop but they should have a lower probability to have high rolled stats...and that probability to roll max/near max should steadily increase as you go higher and higher. So by NMD 60+ most drops should have hella juicy rolled stats. Its hard enough to find an item with 3 out of the 4 (1 can always be gamble-enchanted to get the 4th) desired...nevermind max/near max on all those rolls.

I will say the seasonal perks (the cinders thing, forget what its called) for the additional XP / gold / elixir duration / higher quality hearts was a nice touch. I felt like I leveled insanely fast but I was also playing one of the strongest builds out there.

They need to do something more for PVP. A factions / team battle area would be a nice addition. It just feels like you either clobber some newb or get dismantled by a try-hard...its like they need to scale down the pvp damage or something to make fights last a little longer.

Would also like to see an in-game LFG system.

Just going to finish off 100, splat uber lillith, and do a NMD push to see how high I can joust and be done w/ S1. Minion Necro into this crazy Corpse Explosion / Blood Mist / Bone Prison / Bone Storm build has been a fun ride, though.

https://app.mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/b...amping-minions - if anyones making a necro i highly recommend that...fun as hell
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-02-2023 at 03:18 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spot on. The game is fantastic 1-70 when you're building out your gear, finding those perfect aspects, and its raining paragon points. I'd actually say 1-80 is fine...but 90-100 is just painful.

I'm basically at a point on my necro now where it feels like I've sold/salvaged a thousand items from NMDs searching for those 3 or 4 perfect pieces to more or less "complete" my gear. It just feels bad doing 20 NMDs and getting absolutely nothing. Don't get me started on Helltide chests to target farm, the iLvl gear is trash.

I think they ought to adjust how the 4 stats on gear are rolled...to incentivize going for higher NMD dungeons. Say when you first hit WT4, ancestrals can drop but they should have a lower probability to have high rolled stats...and that probability to roll max/near max should steadily increase as you go higher and higher. So by NMD 60+ most drops should have hella juicy rolled stats. Its hard enough to find an item with 3 out of the 4 (1 can always be gamble-enchanted to get the 4th) desired...nevermind max/near max on all those rolls.

I will say the seasonal perks (the cinders thing, forget what its called) for the additional XP / gold / elixir duration / higher quality hearts was a nice touch. I felt like I leveled insanely fast but I was also playing one of the strongest builds out there.

They need to do something more for PVP. A factions / team battle area would be a nice addition. It just feels like you either clobber some newb or get dismantled by a try-hard...its like they need to scale down the pvp damage or something to make fights last a little longer.

Would also like to see an in-game LFG system.

Just going to finish off 100, splat uber lillith, and do a NMD push to see how high I can joust and be done w/ S1. Minion Necro into this crazy Corpse Explosion / Blood Mist / Bone Prison / Bone Storm build has been a fun ride, though.

https://app.mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/b...amping-minions - if anyones making a necro i highly recommend that...fun as hell
I really liked your suggestion on ancestral items having higher/better rolls in higher end content. Something to give more incentive to try for higher nmd.

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the game after 70. It's fun up until around that point as you're planning a build and acquiring the sweet aspects you wanna work with and plugging them into some quality rare items with good stats. But the game falls off hard around 70 when the only goals become 1)finish paragon board 2)min/maxing minor upgrades on gear. 3)get 100
And the way they expect you to do it is basically nmd and that gets real old real fast w/o a better itemization system to give you incentive and motivation.

You mentioned a lfg tool of some sorts and I agree they need that pretty badly. The game is a great multiplayer experience but it's clunky and not user friendly in encouraging group play. If they're going to make it live service mmo style they should lean into that a bit more. It feels like a single player game most of the time.

Someone also mentioned earlier that the game has a good foundation but just isn't fleshed out enough yet and I think that really nails it. The game still feels very beta/early access in a lot of ways, It just needs more content. Not enough stuff to do or things to work towards.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really liked your suggestion on ancestral items having higher/better rolls in higher end content. Something to give more incentive to try for higher nmd.

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the game after 70. It's fun up until around that point as you're planning a build and acquiring the sweet aspects you wanna work with and plugging them into some quality rare items with good stats. But the game falls off hard around 70 when the only goals become 1)finish paragon board 2)min/maxing minor upgrades on gear. 3)get 100
And the way they expect you to do it is basically nmd and that gets real old real fast w/o a better itemization system to give you incentive and motivation.

You mentioned a lfg tool of some sorts and I agree they need that pretty badly. The game is a great multiplayer experience but it's clunky and not user friendly in encouraging group play. If they're going to make it live service mmo style they should lean into that a bit more. It feels like a single player game most of the time.

Someone also mentioned earlier that the game has a good foundation but just isn't fleshed out enough yet and I think that really nails it. The game still feels very beta/early access in a lot of ways, It just needs more content. Not enough stuff to do or things to work towards.
They've got all the experience w/ LFG tools from WoW. Shouldn't be that hard to incorporate a version of that into D4.

I'm still down to grind some NMDs with ya, though! Once you beef up a little more and avoid those 1 shots it may be a little more fun for ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They've got all the experience w/ LFG tools from WoW. Shouldn't be that hard to incorporate a version of that into D4.

I'm still down to grind some NMDs with ya, though! Once you beef up a little more and avoid those 1 shots it may be a little more fun for ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I have a good time running nmds with you! Even with the 1 shots...haha. I suppose that should be expected when you're fighting mobs 35 lvls higher than you. It just makes my solo nmd 30s feel easy afterwards lol!

Oh! On my previous post...I also really like The Butcher mechanic. Having a 'rare named ' possibly show up in any dungeon you run is a really cool feature. Treasure Goblins as well! They should add more of these type of mobs imho.

Last edited by Evia; 08-02-2023 at 04:03 PM..
Old 08-03-2023, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see specific 4-man dungeons as well with mechanics that require multiple people. That would pair well with LFG.

You're starting to survive more! That one with my RL buddy was tough...think it was a 59 or 60 NMD and we had a butcher too lol...took forever but we got it done.

I find the legion events to be pretty good XP wise too...must be the extra player and campfire XP bonus plus you're shredding a ton of mobs in a short period of time.

I just do world bosses, legion events when its a whisper tree thing, NMDs (try to target ones that are whispers), and only Helltides for mystery chests when I need elixirs.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Elon Musk plays D4 I guess? Has like a 50s Druid lol. How that guy finds any time to play a video game is surprising to me.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Killed Uber Lillith on my Necro and started a Druid.

Kinda lost with what build to go. Pulverize is boring.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Killed Uber Lillith on my Necro and started a Druid.

Kinda lost with what build to go. Pulverize is boring.
The Werewolf Tornado druids looks rad! Congrats on 100 and final battle kill!