Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Good duo?

Hello all,

I tried searching for this but the search option wasn't very good at turning up results. A friend and I are about to join (him totally new to EQ, me coming back after years and years away) and I'm trying to think of a good duo for us to be able to play together up to 60 if we can't get groups or whatever.

He wants to be a druid, and I have an affinity for bards having played one in live, but I'm open to trying something new if it's a better combo for synergy (I can't imagine swarm kiting works with a second person).

Thoughts?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

You shouldn't have much of a problem finding groups here in popular spots. My personal fav for duo is drui + drui. Also drui + nec can be good. That way you don't just turn your friend into a heal-bot 24/7 yet be very efficient.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Kobold

bard/wiz?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

shadowknight
Old 08-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Tranny/tranny is pretty versatile, but druid+druid or druid+bard would be cool

being new to a druid quadding can look intimidating, but between a druid+bard with the amount of mana the druid would be able to keep on hand you guys could easily do an efficient quad kite.

imo wizard+dru would also be good because when the druid was lom they could lay down solid snares/sows and the wizard could do the damage
Old 08-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue/Druid
Wiz/Druid doesnt sound horrible either.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-06-2014, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue/Druid
Wiz/Druid doesnt sound horrible either.
This or druid/ench, druid/sham, druid/mage, druid/monk. Anything that's strong farming wise in addition.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Orc

Ench + shaman is extremely powerful later in the game, and still pretty decent early in the game too.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Balance group desirability with the duo strength if you want to primarily group. As such avoid dru+dru because it'll be tough to find 2 dru spots in the same group. Avoid dru+wiz because neither is particularly loved for groups.

Dru/enc is a good one imo. Different group jobs, they don't overlap abilities, and together can duo in a variety of ways (charms, snare+fear, dot, etc). The druid brings mobility and ports while the enchanter brings mana regen and CC, making for a very safe / flexible combo.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As such avoid dru+dru because it'll be tough to find 2 dru spots in the same group.
For groups? One is healing while the other is doing DD's, DS' ,buffs and heal assists. It only sucks when one drui refuses to team with the second in pugs to split duties (I've seen this happen). Otherwise in duo's, it works very well imo. Better if there were dot stacking here, but still doable with the right tactics. On early live I knew a lot of drui's that did this, working together etc, but not so much here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]