Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

If project 1999 team ever decided to bring their stuff up to POP, they would probably roll out a new server with that promise in mind.

At the same time, again, there are so many alternatives that offer that game play and if the anti box mentality is the only reason you want it to come from project 1999 I don't know if thats reason enough.

Because the stock box EQ EMU code that everyone has is much more aligned with being a POP box and needs little fixing.

Might be better off begging for a non boxing server from live team.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that live has taught that random loot rules work amazingly well to weed out antisocial play. Being able to camp any level appropriate boss and get loot from any other is whatEQ desperately needs. P99 should give it a serious consideration for like a 6mo trial. Zero petitions. zero camp disputes. Just need to normalize all XP ZEM’s.
This this this.

I would love SoL but Nilbog seems to not prefer it at all, so I don't think we will ever see it.

Now a "very" classic server with the random loot rules from TLP, I could see the crew really getting behind that.

From a development perspective, I'm guessing it would be about 3% of the effort as new expansions.

TAKP is taking 3-4 years to roll out PoP.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I ran a 3 box to 65 on TAKP and raided all the highest end content in SoL.

It was really fun, but I definitely feel the server being empty. There is a three box max with an additional box for a bazaar toon, so there are at most 150-250 people playing on the server at a time, with most targets only requiring about 15 people three boxing to take out. Kind of a downer.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

So many cool ideas and options.

Shooting hopeful hope beams in the ether in the sky towards nilbog and rogean for a cool ideas red server.

For red 2.0 I think it should just be legacy item fixes and hard level caps that progress slowly over time to keep people clustered in a level range which will allow pvp through the whole range for insane fun especially in the 1-40 times when everyone is scrappy as hell. Mmmmm dreaming hard.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hard level caps that progress slowly over time to keep people clustered in a level range
Now that's the dream.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 08-13-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

I dream of the day Imago Windstrikes these fools again.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:56 PM
Orc

Wayfarers Haven (formerly p2002) is up to LDON now and has a great, if small, community with four active raid guilds. The server admin, Trust, and GM's are outstanding, highly responsive and have zero tolerance for toxics or exploits. They also script and run some very cool holiday and anniversary events and quests from time to time with great rewards.

For me, three boxing with wineq2 is good times in outdoor zones, although I don't prefer it for crawling. No other third party software allowed. Autofire and melody are both enabled on WFH (unlike TAKP, if memory serves), so bards and rangers make nice boxes. Word of warning though - monks are post-nerf over there and certainly don't facetank like they can on p99. In any event, if you are looking for some new content and a low key, welcoming community with an instanced raid scene appeals, WFH is a great place to relive Luclin/PoP/LDON content. Sunday evenings, there is often a copperstore in the baz to help gear up those new to the server. I still play 99 blue from time to time, but running only one toon often feels kinda slow compared to WFH now.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wayfarers Haven (formerly p2002) is up to LDON now and has a great, if small, community with four active raid guilds. The server admin, Trust, and GM's are outstanding, highly responsive and have zero tolerance for toxics or exploits. They also script and run some very cool holiday and anniversary events and quests from time to time with great rewards.

For me, three boxing with wineq2 is good times in outdoor zones, although I don't prefer it for crawling. No other third party software allowed. Autofire and melody are both enabled on WFH (unlike TAKP, if memory serves), so bards and rangers make nice boxes. Word of warning though - monks are post-nerf over there and certainly don't facetank like they can on p99. In any event, if you are looking for some new content and a low key, welcoming community with an instanced raid scene appeals, WFH is a great place to relive Luclin/PoP/LDON content. Sunday evenings, there is often a copperstore in the baz to help gear up those new to the server. I still play 99 blue from time to time, but running only one toon often feels kinda slow compared to WFH now.
Just jumped into this server with the wife for the past few hours and it feels great....will be spending some time here I think.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just jumped into this server with the wife for the past few hours and it feels great....will be spending some time here I think.
Nice! Glad to hear your first impression was a good one. If either of you could use a decent starter weapon or two, shoot me a PM with your character names, and I'm happy to see what I have banked or collecting dust on my trader. Can also toss you an invite to Train - the de facto leveling guild if you haven't gotten one already. (Train has a huge spell bank that is a great resource.)

The Baz gets some use, and there are a number of folks who regularly run well stocked traders (visible/searchable here: https://magelo.wayfarershaven.com/index.php?page=bazaar ), but in addition to that and the copperstore I mentioned, quality gear and spells are also regularly offered up and gifted in PoK. It is a really nice culture for those who enjoy a non-competitive game economy where supply outstrips demand - or simply want an alternative to mix it up with p99. Being handed a copy of torpor for free makes for quite the contrast as opposed to the 100k price here...
Old 08-14-2021, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

More like "Shadows of Fartlin"
Closed Thread