Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-21-2023, 06:15 PM
Large Rat

Post Letter from a dark elf enchanter to his sister back home

To my dearest sister Theadora, etc. Give my love to etc., etc.

Sorry for the delay, Thea — it’s been a big week. To answer your questions, no I still haven’t learnt Clarity and yes there’s more to Breeze than just the placebo effect.

I’m writing to you from the Stonebrunt Mountains, but just two days ago I was hunting birdmen on the Plains of Karana. I say hunting, but they live in a treetop town and don’t stray far, so the challenge is more in not falling off. They don’t see the need for handrails, and I always forget to buy batwings. Am always caught without levitate at the least convenient times.

A few things of note re. my time w/ the birdmen:

1. They do seem to be exclusively male, and to exclusively have rippling and bulging abdominal muscles. They all wear tight red shorts.
2. I met a fat little gnome magician who insisted I try some of their flesh roasted. He summoned a variety of herbs and spices (would not disclose which!) and the combination was just as good as he advertised. Tempted to take a breeding pair home to Neriak, except see point 1 re. mysterious exclusive maleness.
3. Nearby Lake Rathetear has exquisite sunrises and sunsets. Made me wish I could paint, or that you were there to do so.

Have you decided what you’re going to study, by the way? The longer I journey the more I realise the world needs Clerics more than anything. Seems mum was right about one thing at least! I’ve always thought you’d make a good Rogue though. Sneaking, backstabbing, stealing, etc.

Speaking of sneaking, I took the boat from (idiotically racist) Qeynos to (murderously bigoted) Erudin using a combination of invisibility and making myself look like a Wood Elf. You wouldn’t believe how much more humans smile at you when you look like a Wood Elf. The world outside Nektulos Forest is a sick, sad one. Anyway, tense boat ride for me. The Erudites give me the creeps, especially their guards (or “Sentinels” — hah.) But I did manage to find some new illusions in their Great Library. I can make myself look like a skeleton now. Another trick for the parlour!

Yes, I’m aware we don’t have a parlour or even a sitting room. Speaking of which, you wouldn’t believe how spoiled some of the people I met in Unrest are. Imagine having a Grandmaster Wizard and a fancy-who-knows-what Druid for your parents. The high elves are particularly bad for this. They thought I was joking when I told them dad is a teller at the Neriak bank.

On another note, I do feel a sort of kinship with gnome women. Perhaps because they remind me of my little sister Theadora?

I’ve been in a bit of a foul mood. Died at Bird City more times than I’m willing to admit to, so progress towards getting us a place with a parlour has been slow. Getting through the kobold’s tunnels and up into the mountains was a bit dicey too — I never knew when my invisibility was going to run out, or which creatures in there would take the chance to attack me. There are these awful grinning little bat things which seem to love casting spells, and I fell through a hidden trapdoor into a entire den of them.

The kobolds have a king with his own throne room down there, but when I went to take a look all I saw was a very dangerous-looking Iksar standing over an empty throne, silently swishing his tail. I tried to make him jump by sneaking behind him invisibly and saying ‘Hail, Iksar!’ but he pretended not to notice me. Or maybe he was in some sort of murderous trance. Iksar still a mystery to me.

These mountains are pretty. Falling snowflakes and blessed solitude. It’s the first time all week I haven’t felt the desperate need to cast Breeze on myself.

Thinking of you cheers me up too, of course, dearest Theadora.

Lots of love, your brother Kaz.

P.S. Send your reply to Qeynos, I’m sure I’ll be back there soon and for all their faults the humans do run a good postal service.

P.P.S. I’m thinking of exploring Najena next, so a visit home may be on the cards! Just need to figure out how to explain my excesses in Crushbone to the Neriak guards. If you have any ideas please let me know.

P.P.S. Don’t tell mum about Najena or in fact about anything in this letter. She worries too much already.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

There is a clerk in the Great Library of Neriak who is more than a little inclined to indulge in a tipple. Neriak Red preferably. He runs a register of deeds.

Ply him with a little vino and he is liable to spill ink that may obscure records of your misdeeds and maybe embellish your better actions a little in the foot notes. Both guard organisations of Neriak and the merchants guild pay heed to his documentation, so could get you back in to the good books of the Dreadguard, so to speak.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-22-2023, 04:38 PM
Banned

delete this cringe shit asap

this is like nexii type stuff without the furries
Old 05-22-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
delete this cringe shit asap

this is like nexii type stuff without the furries
Imagine playing a roleplaying game without ever even flirting with role play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Like seriously, its an mmorpg. If you can't handle players roleplaying you are so literally in the wrong game.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-22-2023, 05:51 PM
Large Rat

Dear Thea,

I’ll keep this brief. Barmaid has noticed my empty mug and is attempting eye contact w/ increasing force.

I glimpsed the abyss today and glanced off its rim.

I was collecting Goblin Ears in Highkeep’s basement (dangerous) when I realised I was still bound to a spot a whole continent away in Odus. In a rush, with a group waiting on me, I ran upstairs and bound myself in a safe spot with lots of friendly guards. Friendly to wood elves. Illusions don’t persist across deaths.

I died to a goblin, and then died to a guard, and died to a guard, and so on. My attempts to flee in different directions left a radial pattern of my own corpses. Seventeen timelines smeared together and made visible.

Every time one dies one grows feebler. I saw myself there forever and always — incapable, dull witted, but somehow never numb to the feeling of those bronze swords.

In that moment of clarity, on the border between life and death, I was outside everything, watching on. But how? From where?

Anyway, turns out I was making a lot of noise throughout all this and an Iksar monk came and murdered the guards.

Not a single fellow adventurer was interested in hearing of my experience or pondering my questions about the nature of souls. I’m beginning to think I need to seek out a shaman, which I’ve only ever done before in order to run faster.

Your favourite brother,

Kaczynskii

P.S. Barmaid more like Barmatron
Old 05-22-2023, 09:34 PM
Skeleton

Solid effort Kaz, I like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2023, 08:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by torogdil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To my dearest sister Theadora, etc. Give my love to etc., etc.

Sorry for the delay, Thea — it’s been a big week. To answer your questions, no I still haven’t learnt Clarity and yes there’s more to Breeze than just the placebo effect.

I’m writing to you from the Stonebrunt Mountains, but just two days ago I was hunting birdmen on the Plains of Karana. I say hunting, but they live in a treetop town and don’t stray far, so the challenge is more in not falling off. They don’t see the need for handrails, and I always forget to buy batwings. Am always caught without levitate at the least convenient times.

A few things of note re. my time w/ the birdmen:

1. They do seem to be exclusively male, and to exclusively have rippling and bulging abdominal muscles. They all wear tight red shorts.
2. I met a fat little gnome magician who insisted I try some of their flesh roasted. He summoned a variety of herbs and spices (would not disclose which!) and the combination was just as good as he advertised. Tempted to take a breeding pair home to Neriak, except see point 1 re. mysterious exclusive maleness.
3. Nearby Lake Rathetear has exquisite sunrises and sunsets. Made me wish I could paint, or that you were there to do so.

Have you decided what you’re going to study, by the way? The longer I journey the more I realise the world needs Clerics more than anything. Seems mum was right about one thing at least! I’ve always thought you’d make a good Rogue though. Sneaking, backstabbing, stealing, etc.

Speaking of sneaking, I took the boat from (idiotically racist) Qeynos to (murderously bigoted) Erudin using a combination of invisibility and making myself look like a Wood Elf. You wouldn’t believe how much more humans smile at you when you look like a Wood Elf. The world outside Nektulos Forest is a sick, sad one. Anyway, tense boat ride for me. The Erudites give me the creeps, especially their guards (or “Sentinels” — hah.) But I did manage to find some new illusions in their Great Library. I can make myself look like a skeleton now. Another trick for the parlour!

Yes, I’m aware we don’t have a parlour or even a sitting room. Speaking of which, you wouldn’t believe how spoiled some of the people I met in Unrest are. Imagine having a Grandmaster Wizard and a fancy-who-knows-what Druid for your parents. The high elves are particularly bad for this. They thought I was joking when I told them dad is a teller at the Neriak bank.

On another note, I do feel a sort of kinship with gnome women. Perhaps because they remind me of my little sister Theadora?

I’ve been in a bit of a foul mood. Died at Bird City more times than I’m willing to admit to, so progress towards getting us a place with a parlour has been slow. Getting through the kobold’s tunnels and up into the mountains was a bit dicey too — I never knew when my invisibility was going to run out, or which creatures in there would take the chance to attack me. There are these awful grinning little bat things which seem to love casting spells, and I fell through a hidden trapdoor into a entire den of them.

The kobolds have a king with his own throne room down there, but when I went to take a look all I saw was a very dangerous-looking Iksar standing over an empty throne, silently swishing his tail. I tried to make him jump by sneaking behind him invisibly and saying ‘Hail, Iksar!’ but he pretended not to notice me. Or maybe he was in some sort of murderous trance. Iksar still a mystery to me.

These mountains are pretty. Falling snowflakes and blessed solitude. It’s the first time all week I haven’t felt the desperate need to cast Breeze on myself.

Thinking of you cheers me up too, of course, dearest Theadora.

Lots of love, your brother Kaz.

P.S. Send your reply to Qeynos, I’m sure I’ll be back there soon and for all their faults the humans do run a good postal service.

P.P.S. I’m thinking of exploring Najena next, so a visit home may be on the cards! Just need to figure out how to explain my excesses in Crushbone to the Neriak guards. If you have any ideas please let me know.

P.P.S. Don’t tell mum about Najena or in fact about anything in this letter. She worries too much already.
This was an interesting read, and I am always interested in roleplaying endeavors, but the tone sounds so out of place for the Teir'dal, who literally extol the virtues of unbridled hate.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

The Ninth Circle

Nexii rematerialized on the edge of a frozen lake far under the Temple of Treachery. She was on the frozen surface of the Cocytus, the final river at the center of GM Hell. She had read in her studies that the river was once an oasis sanctuary for the Tier'Dal when they first arrived in the Underdark. But the Cocytus had been cold and hardened aeons ago from powerful GM and Developer magic. It was rumored that the staff had conscripted ice dragons to warp this serene place into a prison for the most wretched of souls.

"Welcome little cleric...to true Hell..." a distant draconic voice rang in Nexii's mind.

"It's...so...fucking...cold..." Nexii whispered to herself. She thought she knew what cold was from Velious. But this place was far colder than any she had visited. Breathing in the frigid air pained her elven lungs; she could only manage shallow gasps. She wanted to cry upon not seeing a zone out pad. She asked herself why hadn't she listened to Sirken? And why didn't he follow her? Perhaps he knew how extremely foolish she had been. "Just a stupid girl...fucking around and...hedonistic..." She staggered, and fell to her knees. Everything hurt and yet...she still felt the Hate in her despite being so far from home. She could still feel Innoruuk's divine powers within her being and this pushed her to continue on.

"No...I won't go down alone like this! I'll find the way out. Every zone has a way." She got herself back up to her feet with renewed determination. She found it difficult to walk with the ground being sleek ice. This place was eerily silent aside from that telepathic voice in her mind. But she knew that more sinners were out there. With trembling fingers she got out her Pegasus cloak to levitate above the slippery surface.

"Surrender...as those here have. You know their crime. That which is worse than giving your soul to another?" The voice rang in Nexii's mind once more. She tried to shake it off. She didn't want to think about anything but escaping...but yet...the message left her with a sense of dark curiosity. She made her way around a massive stalagmite of ice to see the first soul of the Ninth Circle.

"<Aftermath> sucks. So many players yet so incompetent as a whole. Finally a Massive Heartwood Thorn drops here and I can't get it..." Jumbasa looked up at her with frozen, soulless eyes. As if he knew her but was so consumed with pixel lust that he couldn't say her name. There was no warm shoulder massage as a greeting this time. He was fixated on pulling the immersed dagger out of the ice, but it was a futile quest. The Tunare dagger was stuck in deep and it wasn't going to come out any time soon.

"What? Spent all your Retoxx bucks too soon?" Nexii said, coughing from the cold as soon as she'd taunted him. She knew it was bad karma to do so. There was a force, one beyond GMs and players that even she didn't comprehend. "I...I'm sorry. I can release you from this, if you wish." She raised her flail at his affirmative nod, but stopped short. "No...I just can't do it." With a defeated sigh, she continued on. "Perhaps I underestimated you. Is that pity for the Immersed I saw? Some other emotion than raw hate?" The eerie voice derided her decision.

"Vith'os!" she cursed, using the Tier'Dal words for 'fuck you' which came more naturally to her. "I'll...wait, what is that?"

A icy eye of Zomm was floating above the frozen lake. The eye was moving very slowly as the owner was focused on performing more important tasks than scouting the depths.

"Eye of Sedyt...scanning. Scanning Neriak Library. Scanning Cecily post #4209. Scanning Cecily post #4210. Updating <Aftermath> DKP. Scanning Nexii post #249... post #250. Erotica...anomalies...detected..."

"Shit. He's gonna find me here where I shouldn't be and screw me over with a conspiracy theory. Find my location here soon like Floppin. I need to just...hide...don't reply...don't yell for help..." She found it very tempting to let the eye see her, but the fear of losing all her Retoxx bucks prevented her from giving up. She had to resist the temptation. She dashed to an alcove at the side of the lake. Here she saw two souls, half-frozen into the ice. One was a Half-elf and the other was a Troll.

"Hraasshna...will...pop...someday. The voice tells me so..." The Half-elf Nexii recognized as Detoxx. He was in a bad state, completely unaware that Nexii had sauntered up next to him. He was fantasizing about having his very own Sceptres of Destruction, swinging
each in turn with what little energy he could muster against the cold. His eyes seemed to light up as he imagined the Anarchy procs.

"No...Ventani first! My alt DPS monk will have that Shroud! <Aftermath> is the most dominant guild... we'll crush them so easily and get it..." Uyan murmured. Even when Nexii waved her hand in front of his eyes it did not phase him in the slightest. All he saw was the Shroud in Reticulated's chest inventory slot. Nexii felt like telling both the war between <Rampage> and <Forsaken> was long over and no one cared about warder loot. Though that was easy for her to feel as none of the warder loot was usable by herself.

"Yes, little cleric. Don't say you haven't ever felt that lure. The lure to obtain best in slot pixels at any cost. Come my child, and gaze upon my true form." Nexii was snapped out of her trance by the voice. The voice seemed closer and more intense now. She considered that perhaps her resolve was weakening. She had seen so many of her friends succumb to their very own desires to end up with infinite self-loathing and rage. It was anathema to how she had been trained: only to hate others and never herself.

"Fine. As you ask." Nexii whispered as she continued along the river. She could sense the direction of the voice. And after going a little further, she saw it - the entity which was the Avatar of Immersion. It was a three-headed undead Vulak`Aerr which chewed on the half-ice-immersed bodies of the three most tortured souls known to the server. The left head chomped on Unicity, the effigy of autism. Not a single joke would be understood by this sinner. The right head, Floppin, the effigy of elitism. No skillful play-action would be good enough for this soul. The center head chomped on Bellringer, the effigy of hypocrisy. Mercy was wasted on this one, as Tempest had so quickly gone back to their old ways of lawyerquesting and extortion.

"Ugh...gross." The priestess saw a pile of blood around where the three were being chewed. And yet they each seemed oblivious to the pain they should have been in.

"FTE...FTE...FTE..." The trio chanted in unison.

"POP!" The voice echoed. Nexii felt the desire to bolt just on hearing it, despite being way too uninterested to ever race before. But she wondered, how would they race when frozen in place?

Her question was soon answered as they each reached down between their legs and stroked their cocks furiously. At first she thought it was some ritual to get back body warmth, but then it dawned on her. Only after Floppin, Bellringer, then Unicity came in turn did she figure it out.

"First to Ejaculate. Cute." Nexii sputtered. The cum mixed in with the blood and guts. It was a rather grotesque scene. She had no doubt that this sick race would be done in perpetuity. And this in turn reminded her how sick FTE racing was.

She looked up at the damned trio and each one was smiling at her. The thought that each enjoyed the twisted race was more twisted than she could process.

"No...enough...I give in..." She begged, falling down to her knees, whimpering in a pathetic way that she'd only ever made Sirken do for her. The cold lure of full immersion had claimed her. Her eyes were icy and cold just like the sinners in the clear reflection of the lake.

"It's...all...over..." She gasped before she blacked out.

(im not the author)
Old 05-25-2023, 03:48 PM
Aviak

I read your second post. I must admit the whole dying many times over does break the verisimilitude of the role play. What kind of letter to a dear sister would include leaving your own multiple corpses around the land?
Old 05-25-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Serious question, do you think involving non-consenting people in your publicly posted erotica crosses a line that's kinda rapey, Nexii?