Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 06-09-2023, 09:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Asking for lowbie gear advice - druid

Hello everyone,
I'm a recently dinged level 29 druid (yay group ports!) and my gear is ridicolously bad.
I tried a couple easy spots to get something, but I had terrible, terrible luck. Say Forest Loop to mention one. Except for a couple items, which was kindly donated to me by random players, I'm still wearing the newbie leather armor I got from turning in CB belts.

I have, after purchasing level 29 spells, a few hundred pp, which on Blue (my server) I'm not sure what they could buy.
I have a charred guardian shield, enchanted fine steel morning star, nathsar bracer, ivory bracelet, 2x silver bloodstone earrings, idol of woven grass, split paw hide gloves. Everything else is newbie gear.

What would you suggest to camp or purchase? Anyone with some lowbie gear I can buy cheaply?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ruid_Equipment

For each item slot, sort by Wis. Should give you some ideas as to what to look for in the tunnel.

At your level I'd probably bind in the tunnel. Offer ports while you're trading and can just gate back.

Get some gear then get out there and slay some merbs!
Old 06-09-2023, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

At this point I would just keep levelling. You can solo to 60 with very little mana or tools. Especially if charming.

Mine got to 60 in a Brown Chitin Protector and Black Chitin Leggings. Dot rotting. The epic helped but you can easily do it without.

I like the idea of getting to 44 and then spending some time porting when you aren’t feeling the grind. Bind in Overthere at the hill people hammer to.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:59 AM
Kobold

I recommend you join Dial-A-Port. Casually, you can make hundreds of plat porting for an hour or two. If you’re on your shit, playing a lot and during peak times, you can make thousands of plat a day easily. My Druid has been level 34 for almost 2 years and I’ve made tens of thousands of plat being a casual porter to fund my alt army. When you get 44+ the money gets even better. So yea, take my advice and try it out. You’ll slap yourself when you see how easy it is to make money. Some people farm static mobs, some dungeon dive or raid, and then there’s me…. Farming players.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:00 PM
Orc

As of others have said, you don't need much to level unless you want to quad kite and need a bigger mana pool.

Testament of Vanear is an easy quest that is worth doing - https://wiki.project1999.com/Testament_of_Vanear_Quest

This guide is a good place to start. You can camp or buy cheaply all of the pre-planar stuff - https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid
Old 06-12-2023, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

You can check out the magelo in my sig for some inspiration; my druid was my first character on this server, and I've never had much plat to invest in gear for him. I agree with the others that you don't really need much gear for leveling, but if you enjoy having some semi-decent gear (like I do), I'd start with jewelry, then just hang out in EC tunnel and look for auctions with decent wis/mana stats at <100pp.

I thought the quest for Acolyte's Anklet was a fun way to explore the world a bit; it's not that great, but I enjoyed the traveling around.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Crystal chitin gauntlets
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)