Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Luckily the wife and I play EQ together so this will never be an issue :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Kobold

This brings a business idea. I should play my Iksar as a server Escrow company. Unless some NPC can fulfill the function. My fees will be 1% of the transaction (from the seller) with a minimum of 10P. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Message Lizarus if you need Escrow services.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Orc

I handed over 6k to a well known scammer when I first started. Ask that he give the item to my main, I come back and he stayed on, just flat out told me he scammed me. After looking he was a very popular scammer on the server. I learned my lesson right then. Even if its a 1000+ player server and a tight knit community, does not mean everyone is good. Keep an eye out for Dundor if he hasn't already been banned.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

You can trust me (Karmina in game). I'm too nice to scam. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Banned

People with wives and children scamming pixels. What a shame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Skeleton

I guess some things never change. This really is like 1999, complete with the trade scams!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Orc

I hate having to drop things in the middle of nowhere for alts. If anyone needs a transfer, I am usually on my druid, Fleck. I don't mind porting somewhere to deliver. I have no life.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Orc

I used to play middle man for trades in ec tunnel back in day lol ...if I am on be happy to trade for anyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Default ...

this is not the first time that it happends... and wont be the last, why dont GM do a shared bank 1 slot would be great per account? thats the best way to avoid the stupid people that in this server are waiting to see someone asking for help for trades... just an opinion, other case is that you want to do something about it
Old 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

well shared bank slot would only destroy the game im afraid

I remember when I sold a Fungi tunic for 77k (to try buy it back for cheaper after awhile), the buyer @ 77k would actually trust me to hand me 44k from his mule, to eventually complete the buy with 33k from his char that needed the tunic. Its amasing how people trust a nasty salesman like me with this big cash :S but he was very lucky not to do the trade with a scammer lol.. 44k, imagine to lose that :S omg

The worst thing ive done in EQ is probably when I saw a named goblin corpse in frontier mountain and looted a totem from that corpse. Some minute later the druid that had killed that corpse and wanted the totem for another char (totem is lore) sent me a tell the loot should be his, we struggled abit but eventually after 5-10 minutes i gave the totem to him. I still have bad concience for looting it in the first place. But I guess i feel alright about it now since I know I gave it back relatively quick after the incident occurred. But my point is, the situation makes the thief so to speak. I understand why GMs forbid account trading, since the situations simply make the theft, even good people, like i consider myself, can sometimes be "thrilled by seeing a free corpse alone on the ground" and loot its items quickly in hope noone notice. But ya, scamming is slightly worse i guess =P its like simply ripping someone off right in front of them. Good thing is i got my rl brother in game too so whenever i need to buy a big item for my alts, say Fungi tunic, I can ask him for a plats transfer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ive done loads of transfers in ec tunnel, probably because I dont use mules but my same Schnicky char everytime I sell my shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ppl start to trust me now ... haha well you shouldnt, especially not with Fungi cash!!!