Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

You can most def sell loot rights to robe.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

So, for the unaware - when Velious first came out, Fear was capped at level 55. This meant druids could Fear their pet on Charm breaks. This meant Druids could reliably keep a dire wolf pet and solo arena, plate house, etc. It was pretty comical actually. Due to the 'unique mechanics' of Kael, enemies regen very fast, thus making it appear they have more max health than they do. So fast burst like Mr. Wolf would obliterate enemies in half the total damage it took regular groups.

(Even better, Cazic deity neck got Spook Animal, so with a good partner you could just immediately recharm on breaks)

People starting getting mad about druids because Thurg armor was still desirable, and you'd often see one druid taking PH, and one or 2 taking Arena. Even our first AoW kills were carried pretty hard by the wolves. Since there's only 6 in zone, it became a minigame to kill, hide, steal them.

So they nerfed fear. The end.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no problem killing Tserrina (just burned her down) but... why? she doesn't drop anything sellable or usable.
I actually very much enjoy the whip on my warrior. Pairing it with an ensaring whip gives me 2 different options for snare procs. And the Tserrina whip snare checks poison resistance. Not magic..

And when soloing.. Hit'em with the 2 whips, switch to the Truncheon to slow, then switch to the'ol blood points. Boomshakalaka!

But this is for casuals. I realize this peasant gear does not apply to you other assholes.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

The whip is great. In fact, it was the highest aggro proc weapon in the entire game too before the nerf, rebalance, whatever.

It is a very important item to non-casuals, I assure you. I've farmed it like 5 times.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually very much enjoy the whip on my warrior. Pairing it with an ensaring whip gives me 2 different options for snare procs. And the Tserrina whip snare checks poison resistance. Not magic..

And when soloing.. Hit'em with the 2 whips, switch to the Truncheon to slow, then switch to the'ol blood points. Boomshakalaka!

But this is for casuals. I realize this peasant gear does not apply to you other assholes.
Having never played a warrior, this post literally showed me how fun they could be. Sure not too much button mashing but that is kind of BA to switch among proccing weapons as a playstyle, something that definitely doesn't exist in modern MMOs.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whip is great. In fact, it was the highest aggro proc weapon in the entire game too before the nerf, rebalance, whatever.

It is a very important item to non-casuals, I assure you. I've farmed it like 5 times.
Watup my fellow washingtonian. Beautiful weather today, eh?
Old 07-21-2022, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having never played a warrior, this post literally showed me how fun they could be. Sure not too much button mashing but that is kind of BA to switch among proccing weapons as a playstyle, something that definitely doesn't exist in modern MMOs.
Man, when you open up the can of worms that are procing weapons in P99- There is soooooooo much cool shit out there!!!! Warrior often is my favorite character to play just cause of all the neat tools out there!