Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-10-2022, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Default Is there any way to have /chatfontsize default to 6 in new chat windows?

So, I recently made a Youtube video about setting P99 up to be playable at 4k. I felt like I had everything pretty well thought out, but someone who commented on the video brought up something I didn't think about at the time: Tell Windows.

Even though you can set windows to have a readable font in 4k, new tell windows still pop up using the default font size: /chatfontsize 2.

I have combed over the ini files the best I could but I couldn't locate any setting at all that controls the default chat font size. Is there ANY way of changing the size of chat in new tell windows?

Thanks for you help,
El Hefe

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-11-2022, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Who gets “new” tell windows? Can’t you just get all your tells in one tell window and not make new ones?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:47 AM
Banned

its kind of nice having tell windows when tunnel questing
Old 11-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who gets “new” tell windows? Can’t you just get all your tells in one tell window and not make new ones?
Way easier to keep track of EC tunnel, raid buffs, LFG requests or anything time sensitive if you use tell windows.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

You can change the default font in General options (alt o) to something easier to read, rather than relying on /chatfontsize 6.

-Mcoy
Old 11-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can change the default font in General options (alt o) to something easier to read, rather than relying on /chatfontsize 6.

-Mcoy
This doesn’t really help in 4k.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn’t really help in 4k.
Also kind of struggling with this as well. Trying to find a fullscreen windowed option that actually works right. So far my best outcome is using the in-game options and going fullscreen at 2540x1440. The UI scale is readable for me that way, rather than the ultra tiny UI at 4k that makes me squint.

I'd love to find an option that actually lets me tab out without bugs/crashing though. Wineq2 is always visibly windowed, rather than fullscreen windowed, and going 2540 in it won't stretch to fullscreen.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Drop a link to your youtube video?
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

Nvm found it. But yeah I can confirm there's no way to default all of your new tell windows to chatfontsize 6, even on live they still haven't added this functionality, although it is possible to kind of brute force it predictively, by pasting this line into your ui ini multiple times for that character, where X is replaced by each chat window number. So if you think you'll need 20, do it 20 times. etc

ChatWindowX_FontStyle=6
Last edited by Uthgaard; 11-18-2022 at 08:30 PM..