Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-25-2022, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i replaced the files with v56.
still the same problem .
You did it incorrectly. Reinstall from source media, and re-apply the patch following the instructions carefully. The patch only contains modified files - some of the originals are still required so if you just drag a folder out of the zip archive and into your p99 folder you will lose the original (unmodified) files contained within the destination folder.

The default extraction options for a free program called 7-zip (7-zip.org) will maintain file and folder structure when you use the "Extract to ..." option and select your p99 folder. That makes this and future patches a simple right-click (if you choose to install as admin and select the "install to context menu" option) choose "extract to..." and select your p99 folder. Then, click "yes to all" when asked to overwrite - because it will only overwrite files and not folders. I literally just did this process because I felt like logging in and rezzing people and haven't logged in since the patch last week on this laptop.

-Mcoy