Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 12-17-2021, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Factions worked like that on all pvp servers. They were weird here to start but I think they function this way now.
Yes on live they did, here no, on live if you had Amiable and the other person had kindly the guards would let that person kill you in the middle of town. And if you swung back at any point the guards would rush you.

That plus the hard coded faction teams on Sullon led people to farm faction like gear. Faction farming area's were actively protected by players of that team and cities acted like the Bazaar for that Faction.

I've never seen players divide the world by teams and factions and actively promote that till the day the server died, only on Sullon. This also added an extra dynamic to illusion pots, items and spells allowing players to use them to infiltrate enemy strongholds.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Good players or mostly murderers that planned on murdering in cities would ally that faction on rallos, yeah it’s a very good part of pvp eq that means jack shit on blue just another part of the game that’s dead on blue and meaningful on red.

Non pvp is like playing a demo version of the game
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good players or mostly murderers that planned on murdering in cities would ally that faction on rallos, yeah it’s a very good part of pvp eq that means jack shit on blue just another part of the game that’s dead on blue and meaningful on red.

Non pvp is like playing a demo version of the game
Most Sullon players were former Rallos players like myself, I choose a Dark Elf wizard of Solusek Ro just so I could kill people inside Neriak. I was also cool in Rivervale but I think I had to farm some faction to get there.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Disappointed today
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Disappointed today
You'll need to revitalize the red forums before you can get a reset, or Rogean will never give a fuck.

And trying to earnestly ask in a professional and conductive manner HERE! Is like trying to sell a black teenager tickets to the Police Annual Fundraisers Ball.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I was just trying to stay on theme for this thread.

Thanks for your contributions regarding the revitalization effort.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2021, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll need to revitalize the red forums before you can get a reset, or Rogean will never give a fuck.

And trying to earnestly ask in a professional and conductive manner HERE! Is like trying to sell a black teenager tickets to the Police Annual Fundraisers Ball.
Talks about being professional and then makes racist jokes. Real classy
Old 12-18-2021, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talks about being professional and then makes racist jokes. Real classy
Actually a quote from Rick and Morty, only a white racist person would deny police brutality on people of color.

Such a Gyno thing to say.
Last edited by New_Guy; 12-18-2021 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-18-2021, 10:26 PM
Banned

There's a custom icon for new red on p99 discord.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people here are allrite. Most people are dumb as bricks though, not being able to distinguish between an appeal to get people to populate a server and an attempt to make friends / brain dead attempt at baiting levels of dumb. In fact its the #1 reason not to play this emulator, when the core pop is its worst enemy, tanking a server's pop.
Yea but that is really on the GM's you have 10 toxic players who are allowed to remain past all sanity of every offense.

We all know who they are, they have all had multiple accounts banned for showEQ, RMT, and they always band together to create a zerg that turns a red server blue and kills the playerbase.

Most of them spew constant racial slurs make anti-sematic guild names and generally make the server toxic. It literally took two years for the GM's to ban the name Holocaust and constant petitions from the playerbase, when it had all the same members from Nihilum and that guild was banned for RMT.

If you have to be convinced by server polls the name Holocaust is anti sematic when it's core players are all magabillies from the south, the problem may not be with the playerbase.