Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-15-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

pretty sure green is past the point of its timeline.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll meta is the best meta. Competition doesn’t have to be about how many bodies you can log in, but rather how few you can beat the mechanics with.
Who is this goddamn genius.

Every time you participate you are rewarded for participating with getting to roll for items your character needs.

I don't know how to integrate some need before greed on this. I don't want to have to have a level 60 in every class category so I can roll on EVERY item that drops. At the same time I understand the guild wanting the max BIS guy to be on this max BIS toon for maximum contribution to the raid, but that guy needs to greed roll for his alt, otherwise why is he showing up?

Maybe you get to choose one character to be representing each raid, so if you're a 60 cleric but you're playing to gear your 56 SK you can't roll on cleric shit at all during that raid, but you can roll on all the SK stuff?

Sorry never been in a high end raiding guild that does this so I dunno how it works out?

I think its the only way to get rid of all the fake scammy stuff where some closed door session decides who gets what.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is this goddamn genius.

Every time you participate you are rewarded for participating with getting to roll for items your character needs.

I don't know how to integrate some need before greed on this. I don't want to have to have a level 60 in every class category so I can roll on EVERY item that drops. At the same time I understand the guild wanting the max BIS guy to be on this max BIS toon for maximum contribution to the raid, but that guy needs to greed roll for his alt, otherwise why is he showing up?

Maybe you get to choose one character to be representing each raid, so if you're a 60 cleric but you're playing to gear your 56 SK you can't roll on cleric shit at all during that raid, but you can roll on all the SK stuff?

Sorry never been in a high end raiding guild that does this so I dunno how it works out?

I think its the only way to get rid of all the fake scammy stuff where some closed door session decides who gets what.
In most raiding guilds you can use your dkp on whatever drops you want. So if you have an alt, you can purchase the item for them. Just gotta run the alt there to loot it
Old 03-15-2022, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll meta is the best meta. Competition doesn’t have to be about how many bodies you can log in, but rather how few you can beat the mechanics with.
Lol that meta sounds awful, crappy like scout roll rofl...

The unrooted dragons / clickys and fte lock out meta is best imo. Can bring back small guilds like rustle and wouldn't need the zergs like eisley said /nod.

Rooting dragons 100% created the zerg. Nerfing clickys ruined any shot small guilds had with low number kills.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

cd288 I thought Naethyn was saying that guilds should roll for drops instead of use a DKP system with corrupt loot council ETC.

Just standard /random 1000 with everyone present that is eligible for roll because of their class or whatever for a given item, right there on the spot in front of everyone.

Instead of collecting DKP you just get more chances to win by participating in more raids.

That may mean that some guild members may not be welcome at certain raids, but at least that way there isn't this kinda back room stuff going on and people constantly piling in at the bottom of a loot pyramid scheme. Just my thoughts.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, I'm having fun still. Unroot dragons sometimes would be a nice change though to mix it up /nod
There you go everyone. Alli gives us a perfect blueprint to play p99 and be happy. Instead of trying to help your current guild win you just need to give up on them and guild hop to the current top guild. Foolproof plan!
Old 03-15-2022, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There you go everyone. Alli gives us a perfect blueprint to play p99 and be happy. Instead of trying to help your current guild win you just need to give up on them and guild hop to the current top guild. Foolproof plan!
Job hopping is a great way to increase your salary.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Job hopping is a great way to increase your salary.
Chase the loot. Way of the world.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is more fun to play than ever. You're just doing it wrong.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cd288 I thought Naethyn was saying that guilds should roll for drops instead of use a DKP system with corrupt loot council ETC.

Just standard /random 1000 with everyone present that is eligible for roll because of their class or whatever for a given item, right there on the spot in front of everyone.

Instead of collecting DKP you just get more chances to win by participating in more raids.

That may mean that some guild members may not be welcome at certain raids, but at least that way there isn't this kinda back room stuff going on and people constantly piling in at the bottom of a loot pyramid scheme. Just my thoughts.
Yeah I mean I’d definitely rather have random than a dkp system for sure