Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-16-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

sadness gif

google x imgur so bad now there is no good sadness gifs anymore its all trash cuz people are trash and they index trash
Old 10-16-2022, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Did EQ allow zooming camera out in 3rd person when it first came out or no?
Old 10-16-2022, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

No, I used to do 3rd person camera a lot but by tapping the change camera key on your keyboard. But a few of the camera angles were not in the original, the 3rd person one that mouse wheels out wasn't, and the like, periscope one or something, one of those.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

u can just bind ur fav camera angle to ur fav key
Old 10-16-2022, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u can just bind ur fav camera angle to ur fav key
Yeah! After I read this I was like "there's basically only 2 different cameras that I use anyways.."
Old 11-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Kobold

When I first started to screw around with the F function keys and found out I could go full screen and third person, EQ really became the game for me. I hadn't seen anything like that before. Fast forward a couple decades and I would totally love going back to the original look and UI of EQ in 1999 but I can't live without mouse wheel camera zooming. I've tried it recently and it sucks. I've been spoiled by it.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:18 PM
Kobold

That moment when you hit F10 for the first time and got your mind blown. 23 years later I'm still playing it.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:19 PM
Banned

A lot of my friends want to play P99 with me and they never played EverQuest back in the day, but I don't want them to play until a new server launches, because I want them to get a better feel for how the game when it was teeming with masses, and most zones were super packed.

But even still, it'll never be the same. I remember Qeynos Hills, and Qeynos being super populated people, players just randomly adventuring in every nook and cranny, and you really never see that anymore, and may never see something that replicated in any future MMOs either due to the internet and how easy it is to share and access information.

I guess one solution for future MMOs would be to have every server a little bit different. Like the servers could have all of the same zones and cities, but have them randomly generated so that each one is a little bit different and thus, harder to navigate or know for sure where the rare spawns / camps are.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:27 AM
Orc

That's how technology moves forward, and the game is no exception. But I can still pick up hints of the initial launch.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:01 PM
Banned

i definitely never went back once i discoverd f10, utilized f9 all the time for quad kiting
mousewheel present day bad habit since WoW but i think i could live without it if forced to