Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-30-2022, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Min/max route for a High Elf Cleric?

Instead of another Paladin I think I'm set on just making a Cleric, something I can solo undead with in 46+ dungeons and be a healer in some deep groups or lightly-manned raids. It makes more sense than rolling a duplicate class, at least right now, and it's something new and fresh for me. I've never played a Cleric before, I have about half of the gear I want to use and more than enough cash to cover the rest of the gear:

Sarnak Devastator
Crystal Chitin Shield
Sarnak Prayer Beads

Full Crystal Chitin Armor Set (6 pieces)
Withered Leather Bracers, Gorget and Cloak (4 pieces)
Obulus Death Shroud
Crystal Spider Eyes
Silvery Belt of Contention
Earring of Cleansing
Earring of Purity
65HP Rings x2

Since I already have a Dwarf Paladin and I believe in racial diversity among my characters (no duplicate races if I can help it), I'm pretty set on a Tunare High Elf. Is dumping into Wis the optimal play for a High Elf Cleric, with the last 5 into Sta or Str, or is there an argument for Charisma on a Cleric too?

I was torn on this decision for a second Paladin, having to decide between Sta, Wis and Cha for my starting 20 points. I hope it's a little more clear cut for a Cleric, particularly if I'm not going to live and die by Lull spells (though I do plan to solo some undead dungeons if I can, like The Hole).
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 08-30-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 08-31-2022, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

You're trying to solo undead?

Max cha is the answer. Bring a +cha item kit too.

BTW you're going to want to live in the hag tower in unrest for as long as possible.

Solo undead as a cleric in the hole is just a pipe dream.

Just find enchanters and necros to duo with.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're trying to solo undead?

Max cha is the answer. Bring a +cha item kit too.

BTW you're going to want to live in the hag tower in unrest for as long as possible.

Solo undead as a cleric in the hole is just a pipe dream.

Just find enchanters and necros to duo with.
Mainly going to solo Paineel guards from 19 to 51, after the Warrens rep grind.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

you do you then
Old 08-31-2022, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

I’d go cha/str on a cleric. Wisdom is stupid easy to cap. High elf is good choice for solo, get the Tunare root neck will save you a lot of mana as you root/nuke.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d go cha/str on a cleric. Wisdom is stupid easy to cap. High elf is good choice for solo, get the Tunare root neck will save you a lot of mana as you root/nuke.
So CHA really is the meta among classes that can Lull, huh? Was hoping that was just some kind of snowflake minority thing.

I should mention that, based on the content I intend to do later, it is highly, highly unlikely that I'll ever achieve BiS gear, as I don't intend to do top-level raids like VP or AoW.

But I guess, once I eventually start grouping for EXP, it's probably a lull crit resist that will wipe us, if I'm the one asked to lull/pull. If Wisdom is easy enough to max even in moderate gear, then I guess that's good enough for me.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 08-31-2022 at 12:23 PM..
Old 08-31-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

the topic is min/max route for cleric and you're talking about killing paineel guards for 5 years

am i missing something here?
Old 08-31-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the topic is min/max route for cleric and you're talking about killing paineel guards for 5 years

am i missing something here?
Actually, from 19 to 51 it's about two weeks of Paineel Guards, and about 20-25k plat along the way.

Min/max I only meant in terms of optimal starting stats. Of course, I've no idea what the future holds beyond 51, but if multiple people make the claim for CHA then there must be a good reason for it. I don't see myself as being an active puller in groups, but you never know what groups need either, so...CHA it is.

I seriously hope I don't regret having lower WIS later.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

High elves have very high starting Wis,and cleric gear tends to be loaded with it.
Really the best cleric gear is an enchanter anyway, clarity does more for you than any stat.
Calm pulling is fun, try it you'll probably like it.

Crude Stein,kobalds jesters crown, seahorse bracelet. +55 cha right there with 3 cheap items to swap out.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So CHA really is the meta among classes that can Lull, huh? Was hoping that was just some kind of snowflake minority thing.

I should mention that, based on the content I intend to do later, it is highly, highly unlikely that I'll ever achieve BiS gear, as I don't intend to do top-level raids like VP or AoW.

But I guess, once I eventually start grouping for EXP, it's probably a lull crit resist that will wipe us, if I'm the one asked to lull/pull. If Wisdom is easy enough to max even in moderate gear, then I guess that's good enough for me.
For warriors and lull classes yea it’s min max. Cha is hardest stat to cap. Clerics get the same paci line as enchanters and they can blur too. Pick up a Donals bracer at 45. Wis is so easy to cap. If you plan to do any soloing you’ll appreciate less gear swaps for cha gear in which you’ll lose your mana in the process of doing that swap since everything has wis on it. High elves have the best cha too so might as well capitalize on that and you’ll save a lot of mana with the root neck since clerics root sucks you might as well just use that most of the time.