Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-26-2022, 10:26 AM
Orc

Default Cleric Help (buffing)

Morning everyone. I wanted to seek advice from you all pertaining to a low level (lvl 33) cleric and what to buff others with.

At my level, the highest line of the HP/AC buff is Bravery, and the highest AC only line is Guard. In a typical group, who all gets what buffs, including the symbol line? I would think that the tank and enchanter/other casters would get the HP/AC buff, but I don't know for sure. Seems rather mana intensive to cast both lines on everyone.

I should have paid more attention in the groups my other characters were in. I play a wizard for instance, and the clerics would buff me with something, but I never paid any attention.

Thanks for any guidance here.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

This question is really entirely based on how the group (and your mana bar) is flowing.

If everything is going well and people are playing properly, odds are you'll be in a mana surplus and can buff (priority goes to charming enchanter --> tank --> puller).

Buffing becomes secondary if things aren't going so well OR if your group is without clarity, bard mana song, etc.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I've never bothered buffing anyone except a charming enchanter, the tank and the puller

If DPS classes get aggro it's on them
Old 09-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Orc

Thank you both, and your replies put me at ease a little. Couldn't imagine laying all buffs on the group.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you both, and your replies put me at ease a little. Couldn't imagine laying all buffs on the group.
Absolutely not.

Be vocal. Let your group know when you're down below 35% mana. The last thing you want is a big gnarly pull when you've just spent all your mana buffing.

Also, people don't need to be at 100% hp all the time. Try to be as efficient as possible with your healing....that means try not to heal the tank to 100% hp and don't heal any class that is not in danger and is sitting there medding anyway.

Its good to get the puller mostly topped off before he goes out looking for more mobs. Also, once you get complete heal, that will be your go-to for tank (and enc pet) healing...it becomes a fun mini game where you get to pucker their buttholes as they dip dangerously low and you see big heal numbers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-26-2022 at 01:29 PM..