Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-31-2022, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Ok as to the rest of your questions, the main goal of EQ is to level up (duh) but also to acquire more powerful gear, in a way that enhances your playstyle.

You have chosen extremely well with the Necromancer though, as that class is the less reliant on gear, unlike other classes like warrior for example.

I have a level 50 necro that has leveled exclusively with super common drops and extremely cheap gear, having spent only the most amount of plat on rare necro spells mostly.

Necros are the best soloers of the game if you want to take it ez.

There is no housing , but you can store things in banks... remember you can "Expand" the amount of things you can carry personally and store in banks with bags as well.

EQ is a solid workhorse of an mmo, it is compared to others a barebones experience, but as you discover it more you will realize how robust it is and how it rewards dedication and knowledge of your class, which comes with time and experience.

Though dying is a real loss in terms of body recovery and xp, as a necromancer you can mitigate these things somewhat, specially as you keep leveling up.

Someone linked the newbie guides, read them, they are of couse, within the Wiki, which I mentioned you before and now again is a MUST for everyone starting here.

it has EVERYTHING and then more you might want to know about EQ P99.

Also never be afraid to ask anything, people here are on the most part quite helpful and those that dont respect people that are self sufficient at the very least haha.

Money will come and go, but come eventually.

My personal necro tip is to just save up plat for rezzes to donate to clerics, an occasional tip to a druid or wizard to port you around and your mid and high level spells and when you really think it will help you a ton, gear of any sort.

Necros are extremely self reliant and a good starting class until you get to know the game more.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 10-31-2022, 04:00 PM
Banned

One of the hard lessons for me as a caster was how much some of the late game spells that are rare drops from high level mobs cost

I believe necro’s last level 60 pet spell goes for about 30,000+ pp

You can get a budget set of gear for like 1k pp in your char level 20-40’s, any more pp than that should be saved for late game spells if you ever intend to get there
Old 11-01-2022, 02:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the hard lessons for me as a caster was how much some of the late game spells that are rare drops from high level mobs cost

I believe necroÂ’s last level 60 pet spell goes for about 30,000+ pp

You can get a budget set of gear for like 1k pp in your char level 20-40Â’s, any more pp than that should be saved for late game spells if you ever intend to get there
100% this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Necros get it ez except at the end if you want to have all your endgame spells , but then again do shammies and other classes that need key spells to function properly with the best dps possible ingame.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-01-2022, 08:47 PM
Banned

welcome home