Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-30-2017, 05:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bassmidi won't work with anything after Win 7 as far as I know because midi mapper has been removed. I linked to VirtualMidiSynth a couple years ago a few pages back. That will work and still does. I just decided to maybe play a little bit and it works. I'm using a different soundfont though than most others as well. You have to disable "Increase Process Priority to REALTIME" in virtualmidisynth options or it won't work from my experience.
VirtualMidiSynth
Soundfont I use: FluidR3_GM.sfArk
Needed to decompress that font: sfark
Thank you. This worked for me.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Large Rat

Installing all of this gave me music on Windows 7 for the first time! Thanks!
Old 10-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Large Bat

now that its 2018, whats the best setup people have found for modern versions of windows?

I'm on windows 10. I've installed VirtualMIDISynth, and i've configured my soundfonts chain with synthuser.sf2 first (from EQ install directory), and then the 1mgm.sf2 second (as recommended here, archived here).

the FluidR3_GM.sfArk was OK, but its not like i remember the classic music.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:01 AM
Large Rat

I have to second pdub above. After being on P99 for two years or so, I turned on the music and wandered around. At first I thought the game was glitching because it sounded SO OFF. I think it's the oboe on the Freeport Docks music is out of tune! I didn't realize it could be a MIDI problem.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:31 AM
Orc

If you're talking about the occasional audio track in a midi getting completely off-key, I've run into that many times. The music seems to be pretty fragile no matter what midi file you're using and the only fix I've found is to close out completely and re-open.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:55 AM
Kobold

I followed the original instructions (I'm on Windows 10,) and it didn't change anything. So, I uninstalled bassmidi and deleted the .sf2 file. Now, I have sounds but all the music is gone. Anyone know how to get it back? I don't care about the new music at this point just want to get some music working again.

*Edit* Never mind, I installed VirtualMidiSynth and it seems to be working now.
Last edited by deven1313; 03-09-2019 at 03:18 AM..
Old 03-26-2019, 01:56 AM
Skeleton

Is anyone having trouble with the newest version of virtual MIDI synth? Ever since I upgraded to latest version I only see Windows GS wavetable under MIDI devices and I can't pick virtualmidisynth#1 anymore.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecharius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to second pdub above. After being on P99 for two years or so, I turned on the music and wandered around. At first I thought the game was glitching because it sounded SO OFF. I think it's the oboe on the Freeport Docks music is out of tune! I didn't realize it could be a MIDI problem.
You can setup several soundbanks in virtual midi synth, I've found that using the files you can find in the EQ directory in combination with the awe32 soundbank will give you the correct instruments. They overwrite each other as you load more in, here's my current load order and it sounds pretty good.

1mgm.sf2
synthys2.sf2
sythnusr.sbk

The last two are in the EQ directory. I haven't noticed anything that sounds significantly off with this setup yet.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Summer bump.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 09-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

This no longer works. The download to the AweRINGM.rar is corrupt or broken