Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Default Classic-Era Client(s) - Gauging Interest

just gauging interest to see how many people would be willing to contribute.

I've recently began work on merging the capability for having both EQ Titanium and EQMac's windows client (The one that Secrets/Rogean made) working together in unison.

So far I have converted the EQStreamInterface interface to support both EQStream and EQOldStream, a new class I made to support packet handlers with the old client. It will make a new stream depending on what kind of client is connecting, the first packet identifies the stream type, the first opcode identifies the 'patch' (ie; Mac, Trilogy, etc) just like EQEmulator does to support multiple clients at the moment.

The EQOldStream class is based heavily off of EQClassic's work of a packet parser implementation from their public release, but made into an interface that can plug in to EQEmulator and thus use their patch system.

If anyone is interested (and is a programmer) in contributing to this project that Project 1999 could potentially use someday to support both the Titanium and classic-era clients at the same time, I'll put it on Github as a fork of EQEmu. I'm not going to want to do this alone, but I will if I have to. This project will be entirely open source and potentially be merged into EQEmulator's main branch for all servers to use when it's all said and done.

Yes, this means this functionality will work on EQClassic's client if it ends up getting finished after the Mac client is completely done and working, for those who are wondering. It also will support all of EQEmulator's functions (Perl/Lua parsers) up to the era for the client you plug into it. As I said before, this project will be open for anyone to use. If P99 decides to use it, it will be on their own accord.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

this would be amazing
Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Just a bit of an update on this:

Got to character select and past login. Not much past that, but it's something :P

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by a_gnoll_pup; 08-07-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

Click here for the fork - in case anyone is interested.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

This is some great work. Big things happening here. Eqmac's client has perfect classic spell effects. This could solve many problems.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Trying to get player profile stuff working - been up all night poking at it so i'm too tired to commit it right now.

sleeeep
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome stuff, gnoll. If only I had the programming ability to contribute I would do so happily.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

/drool

Well done sir, well done.

I'd love to see my character spinning in this character selection..

Gnoll, I have a question.. Maybe I can jog your memory, or anyone else's. Do you recall while selecting different races while in creation mode, the pitch, or tune of the Character Selection Music would alter? For example, if you selected an Ogre, or Troll, a heavily bass would take over the chorus to represent evil, then if you were to select a dwarf, or gnome, a higher pitch flute would then play. Does the EQmac version have that feature, and if so, that would properly add a nostalgic feeling. If it is still around, that would be great. Just me 2 cents.

But again, I am very interested in your work.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you recall while selecting different races while in creation mode, the pitch, or tune of the Character Selection Music would alter? For example, if you selected an Ogre, or Troll, a heavily bass would take over the chorus to represent evil, then if you were to select a dwarf, or gnome, a higher pitch flute would then play.
This sounds extremely familiar.. Damned good memory you have.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

good job man