Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default Immortals questions

Can Immortals be MQ'd? I found this from a thread from 2012 and I'm wondering if it's still valid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velion View Post
The word is that the Immortals book from skyfire nameds should be MQable by having the person with the book do the turning in Erudin and then turning in Danl's reference in TD before the monk turns in the robe. Can anyone confirm that they have done this and it works on this server?

Thanks
I've done it twice. It works no problem.

My other question is about what drops Immortals - the list from Wiki:
a lava walker (Wyvern)
a mature wurm
a shadow drake
a soul devourer
a wandering wurm
a wurm spirit
Black Scar
Eldrig the Old
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing
Guardian of Felia

Is there anything on this list that anyone knows doesn't drop it? I found I can solo Mature Wurms with my SK but it takes awhile to find them and nearly a whole mana bar to kill them. Don't want to be barking up the wrong tree.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

There is a specific spawn point you want to be farming.

Just any mature wurm won't do. Reread wiki (you might need to check some of the mob specific pages).

The good news is I found everything on the list soloable with a 60 ranger roughly HoT level gear, so I am sure a SK might be able to pull out the stops to do so too.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Skeleton

You can just do /who skyfire all , if you see a low to mid 50s Necro in the zone , 99% chance they are at the cycle ( pre velious it was great cash cow , pulled 300kish from there before my necro even hit 60 , ohh the spell market was so good back then )

I must have given away a 100x books and poped felia for chanters 50x as well.

Whatever you do , do NOT pay for this book , its rots none stop.

Unless something has been changed only the named on cycle drop the book.

a lava walker
a shadow drake
a soul devourer
a wandering wurm
a wurm spirit
Black Scar
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing
Guardian of Felia

The none named phs for cycle will be blue to 60 , if you see a mature wyvern, chromo or wurm and its green to 60 don't bother , same with the feasters and skycinders , if they are green to 60 they are not a possiable ph for the cycle.

You can get lucky and get the correct ph in 1 kill or unlucky and take 20kills , just have to hope the ph paths by sooner rather then later.

Eldrig the Old is a different cycle , I have never seen immortals drop from him in about a dozen kills.

And ya I have MQ a book so it can def be done , and I did have to run to inn in TD , it was a very boring night and i had a book on my cleric and someone asked for one. but really just go loot one rotting , it should cost you nothing but time.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Both good posts - I see its the named cycle. Will definitely try loot a rotting one.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Found a guy doing named cycle and got immortals in a couple hours. Thanks again Vart and JimJam
Old 09-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Aviak

My story for my book, We camped Black scar (3 of us, 2 needed a book) for almost 4 hours, near the end 3 books dropped almost back to back, we looted one for MQing cause it was gonna rot. Drop rates are weird!
Closed Thread