Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Are you guys sick of Velious already?

Let me temper this post a bit by acknowledging that I just started playing again after not really playing much over the past two years.

That being said, almost all the zones in velious are dead: East Wastes, great divide, kael, velks, SG, CS,tofs, iceclad. This is even at times when the pop is around 1100...the zones i listed have an average of 3 or 4 (including myself) players, velks had 2 but /who all seb showed 20 people.

Did you guys want 4 more years of kunark?
Old 12-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The other day me and some buddies of mine were in velks.

The mobs there at the entrance were all DB con, dident seem to hit our tank too hard, but with me (enc) hasting our rogue, bard and pally tank, druid nuking between healing with our cleric mean healer, each mob took forever to kill.

Seems like with all the HP they have, its really not that efficient xp.

Seems that way for all zones in Velious. Big hitpoint pools, with low ZEM and xp per kill.

Better xp in Kunark IMO.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah velious was never known for exp.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Banned

Kunark is significantly better xp. It's really not even close. Some ppl knew that going into Velious and others it took them a bit to realize it.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

I woulda been fine w/ 4 or 40 more years of kunark.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Default :p

Some things from live didn't translate over, and part of that was Kunark included. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOIO used to have 100 people. Lucky to have 7 at any time.

FM has groups chilling out on the zone walls.

I always thought HS got a lot more love on P99 than live.

I remember FV being a bustling hub for a long time into Kunark launch. Sometimes people even selling there.

Some zones just didn't get the same love. As for Velious? Iceclad, GD, and EW definitely had more love. Kael is as busy as it was in live from what I remember.

I think a big difference to is we have a lot of people... But peak times don't see 2k. Sunday nights on EQ back in the day? 2500-3000 people. We literally had double the population at all times.

I love Velious is in game. More raid content, new challenges, and lots of really cool quests people can work on on their own or in groups.

Honestly, I was getting sick of Classic and then getting sick of Kunark...

Velious to me was the crown of EQ before it went in a direction I personally didn't like.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

give cats on moon

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 12-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

People are never happy. 6 months ago everyone "when's velious, We want velious". Now veious has been out for 4 months "We are bored with velious". Lol
Old 12-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me temper this post a bit by acknowledging that I just started playing again after not really playing much over the past two years.

That being said, almost all the zones in velious are dead: East Wastes, great divide, kael, velks, SG, CS,tofs, iceclad. This is even at times when the pop is around 1100...the zones i listed have an average of 3 or 4 (including myself) players, velks had 2 but /who all seb showed 20 people.

Did you guys want 4 more years of kunark?
I think it's a confluence of difficulty and reward. Velious has a substantially higher degree of difficulty, yet most of the items aren't really better now that Kunark has been farmed so hard for years. I figured armor gems would be expensive, but the bottleneck there is the quest pieces/faction, so even BP gems only sell for 7k (and falling).
Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are never happy. 6 months ago everyone "when's velious, We want velious". Now veious has been out for 4 months "We are bored with velious". Lol
Its more than that, someone was asking for leveling advice in a thread about a month ago without saying "I want to min/max to 60" so I suggested some Velious xp'ing and was promptly shut down by about 3-4 people, then again by a couple more after I had a rat about this exact thing.

Take Velious back out imo, the community doesn't deserve it with all the whining and min/maxing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread