Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question I need help leveling

I am a complete newbie. I just started playing yesterday. I choose a human paladin and I need help leveling up or gaining EXP. I can find bats, spiders, and grass snakes outside of the city, but they always kill me. I always end up missing, and when I do hit them they regain their health in a couple seconds. Is their any way to level up or get gold, silver or copper so I can start defeating enemies without always dying?
Old 08-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Level 1 can be tough, oddly enough. Look for Decaying Skeletons and kill them, they'll drop weapons and cloth armor you can use and bone chips you can sell to players. Before you attack any monster, get in the habit of pressing "c" to consider it. That will give you an indication of whether or not you can kill it. If it's blue, (or white at level 1) you should be able to. If it's yellow or red, it'll probably kill you.

Level one is quick. You just need to kill 10-11 monsters to get to level 2, and then they'll become significantly easier.
Last edited by Ravager; 08-06-2017 at 08:28 AM..
Old 08-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Go to your guild trainer, you should have 5 training points. This will let you improve your 1 hand slash ability... oh which note, make sure you equip your sword!

Don't worry to much if you die in a fight at level 1; fighting at this level will let your character earn skill ups for defence/offence/etc, so even if you die you'll be a more potent fighter when you respawn. Just keep fighting and dieing near your spawn for the first couple of levels!

The Gods reincarnate you at full health, use that to your advantage.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Talking Thanks!

Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 08-10-2017, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Definitely con all the mobs to make sure they are an appropriate target. Not all bats/rats/snakes/etc. are the same level. Target humanoid mobs that you can kill over non humanoids. Humanoids can drop armor and weapons that you will be able to use, as was pointed out about the decaying skeletons. Keep all the bat wings and bone chips you find. You can sell them to players when you have a full stack.

Edit: Be honest, when you get in a group, let people know this is your first ever EQ character. They will flood you with tips and tricks and useful knowledge about whatever your doing with them. And you will learn quickly if you pay attention. Often times the person playing the level 5 mage has a level 60 and can give you pointers specific to your class or play style.
Last edited by Dreenk317; 08-10-2017 at 12:53 AM..
Old 08-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Sarnak

Hi - Please add my toons in game (names in signature) and I'll be happy to chitchat, give you some spell money, tips and tricks, etc!

GL and welcome to Norrath !