Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 10-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Large Rat

Default Day/Night cycle doesn't seem to be working without zoning

While playing on my Erudite I began to notice that the day and night cycle only seems to work when I load into a different zone. When I stayed within Toxx it remained pitch black throughout the days. As soon as I zoned into Eudin it was bright as day. The same happens in everfrost - 24h darkness if I don't zone. Haven't tried any other zone yet.

I believe this seemed to be working without problem just last week when I started the Erudin character. I'm on a fresh install with the latest files and some stuff from Duxas all in one installer, if that matters.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2019, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Can confirm, same thing for myself and my party members.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Developer

This has always been an issue on p99. The Titanium client does not visually update the time of day in zones that do not have the skybox on. The team has not found the proper fix yet; however, there is a workaround by making a custom skybox for each affected zone.

This was tested in greater faydark in the last update. The only problem was that the stars couldn’t be forced off until recently. The next content patch will fix 90% of these zones.

Fixed, pending update.

Telin: The day and night should now cycle without needing to zone in Befallen, Burning Woods, Cabilis, City of Mist, Cobalt Scar, Emerald Jungle, Everfrost, Feerrott, Grobb, Great Divide, Halas, Karnor's Castle, Kithicor Forest, Innothule Swamp, Mistmoore, Plane of Growth, Plane of Mischief, Misty Thicket, Nektulos Forest, Oggok, Surefall Glade, Stonebrunt Mountains, Swamp of No Hope, Toxxulia Forest, Trakanon's Teeth, Wakening Lands, and Warsliks Wood.
Last edited by Telin; 10-12-2019 at 10:22 AM..
Old 10-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

These guys are machines. Fixing bugs before y'all even post about em.

Really appreciate the big push and all the work you guys are doing ahead of green!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Large Rat

Ok then, thanks for the quick response!

The game can look pretty amazing without darkvision anyway