Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Culinary Thread

Do any of you cook? I love to, but haven't had a lot of time.. Now that p99 is down.. YOU SHOULD!!

Tonight's French Onion Soup

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Very soon after serving, the once mostly full pot looked thus:

I hesitate to share the recipe here, as I really would like to just see what you people eat. PM me for info or start a recipe thread.. Are you p99'rs amateur chefs or do you always eat ramen? Pictures >>>> words!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Aviak

Hasbin's mom made that for him. She just called him up from the basement to come eat dinner.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

EVERYDAY! My folder with all my food photography got lost. All I have left is this sad stuffed mushroom, a lonesome cupcake, and my gear.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EVERYDAY! My folder with all my food photography got lost. All I have left is this sad stuffed mushroom, a lonesome cupcake, and my gear.
Gawd I wish I had your camera and/or skills! :P
Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Aviak

Hmm I'll have some stuff up here soon perhaps. I am planning a couple parties which I'll be catering for graduation.

In the mean time, I need a spring board people! Get to posting good yummies on here!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

I cook way too much. Before I went to work today started a basic beef stew in the crock pot. Beef (pot roast), red potatoes, two yellow onions, baby carrots, mushrooms (unsliced).. Seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, tarragon, thyme, bay leaves, cayenne pepper, parsley... cooking for 10 hours in Shiner, water, liquid smoke, and worschershire(sp).

Cooked this a few weeks ago: Pasta/Basil/Marjoram in a white wine sauce with chicken over spinach with grape tomatos and goat cheese.

Last edited by President; 04-12-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Old pic of some of my fav ingredients for a berried salad & simple herbed vinegar dressing. This is def on the menu for later this week. I love spring greens!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Some more Thanksgiving style stuff ive written up before.

Mashed Potato's..
Russet Potato's
1 Yam/Sweet Potato
(if possible, a few red potato's)
Garlic Clove
Sour Creme
Milk (Butter also if you want)

Peel like 5-10 cloves of garlic depending how much taters you are making.. if its for 10-15 people id suggest more like 10-15 cloves of garlic. Wrap in tinfoil and put in your oven (I assume it will already be on.. if its only on like 200 degrees, try to get this in a good 20-30 minutes before u even start potatos')

Peel the russet & yam's and chop up into 2" pieces, will help boil faster/softer. If you bought red potatoes also, do not peel , chop in half.

Boil until soft.. fork should go through easily..

Pull out garlic and chop up.

Once fully cooked drain water and leave taters in the pot.. add in a few pieces of butter, a few good scoops of sour creme, the chopped garlic, and a few splashes of milk. Salt & Pepper. Either use an egg beater or a potato smasher to start mixing it up. If it is not creamy enough add in a little more milk/sour creme. Taste - you may want to add a little more salt... (but don't oversalt!)

Green Beans

Get a bunch of cans/frozen bags of fresh cut green beans
Salt Pork (looks like bacon but in a package about half the length)
Sliced almonds

Before cooking, chop up the salt pork into small bits.. you will need a pretty sharp knife but this will make it better. Toss the salt pork into a pan to cook on medium heat.. Defrost the beans or open the cans.. Once the salt pork starts to brown, you will probably want to drain some of the grease (there will probably be a lot, but leave some, it helps flavor the beans.) Add in the beans to the grease & salt pork pieces and saute for a bit to heat up. Then add the almond slices and saute some more. You probably wont need to salt this anymore, but try it and season as needed. I would suggest some red pepper for a little spice (not flakes!).

Stuffing (will need a rack in oven)

Few bags of stuffing mix (id get like one bag thats regular, and one bag thats cornbread).
Sausage - Spicy, Andoille, or Maple (i havent tried maple but id think it would be really good, normally go with italian/spicy).
One yellow Onion
Celery
Dried Cranberry
(Apple if you want, I forgot to add this last time i made it but would be good)
Sliced Almonds
4+ cans chicken broth
Cinnamon & Nutmeg

Chop up the Celery and Yellow Onion. (also apple if you get one)

If you bought sausage with skin, cut it off, otherwise, toss it in a pan with a bit of olive oil on medium. once sausage has gotten mostly cooked through toss in your onions.. once its nearly cooked add in your celery. Saute a bit more then add in your dried cranberries and almonds. Salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, and not too much cinnamon and nutmeg or it will be too overpowering. Once all done, put on a plate into fridge to cool. (add apple also if you use one)

Pour bags of stuffing into a big bowl/pot. Once cool add in the sausage stuff and mix it all up. Pour in about half a can of chicken broth at a time until the entirety of the stuffing is fairly moist. Put into a cooking pan and back into the oven for 45-hour. If your oven is only @ 200 or so.. probably longer.

Candy Carrots.

Slice up candy carrots into thin slices or use baby carrots. Put a stick or two of butter into a pot/high walled pan and melt. Put in carrots and saute on low for 20-30 minutes or so. Then add sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the taste is good.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Ok I've been up too long *yawn* so salad isn't cooking. Ha. But yeah I cook daily. Food pron later, bed NOW.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

I cook most days. Except when I'm poopsocking I'll quickly warmup some boca burgers or somethin.

Nothing I make usually is too amazing, just a giant omelette.. or a giant salad... or uh.. tuna salad.

However, on special occasions, I make a killer baked ziti.