Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Default Ench/Dru, Ench/Sham, Sham/Mnk

I'm trying to get a friend to level up with me over the summer, and I was wondering about the effectiveness of these combos.

I was thinking Ench/Dru would rock for dual charm and fear/snare, ports, etc.

I was thinking Ench/Sham would rock more later on, and especially in dungeons, with buffs and debuffs for rocking cash camps.

Then Sham/Mnk is the typical duo. I know it's amazing, but I can't think of how it would compete with Ench/Shm in terms of effectiveness...is it more effective? Or is it just a great duo to go if one person wants to rock melee?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overall, all things considered:

Ench/Sham > Sham/Mnk > Ench/Dru

If you have a fungi, some haste, and a nice wep for your monk, that might change things.

The only downside to Ench/Sham compared to anything else is the enchanter needs to be competent for it to work well.

Ench/Dru would be extremely nice for leveling up, but loses some of its strength after 50 and isn't quite as capable as the other two options in most 50+ dungeons. (Chardok is an exception). All three are great duo combos.
I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with ench/dru losing strength after 50, duo is still pretty sick and can farm most cash camps in the game. Super fun and pretty skill intensive as well.
Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Orc

As an Enchanter, Ench/Shaman. IF, and only IF the Enchanter is good and not going to afk... very much at all. If the chanters good and on top of their game, there's not a whole lot a shaman/ench cant duo.

Rahn: 12 Mage
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

+1 to ench/sham duo.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 02:51 AM
Orc

SHM/ENC is unreal good, but for leveling/exp grind I'd say that CLR/ENC is better.

(I know you didn't ask about clerics, but figured it was worth a mention. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Last edited by Miser; 04-17-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

troll illusion + shrink
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it is "still pretty sick"... but the things this duo excels at are more difficult to execute in many 50+ areas (which just happen to be primarily indoor dungeons, like Sebilis and Howling Stones). So I'd say it loses strength relative to Sham/Ench and Sham/Monk.

50+ shamans really come into their own, eventually gaining torpor, a clicky 1k dot, and brute force soloing ability that approaches enchanters.

50+ Monks are the most OP melee, shred through targets, mitigate well, and synergize quite well with their shaman partners.

A 50+ druid is like Robin to the enchanter Batman. There is nothing for a druid to charm in Sebilis or Howling Stones to my knowledge, and their indoor utility and synergy is otherwise wholly inferior to a shaman.

Can they still farm difficult cash camps? Yes. So can an enchanter/paladin, Mage/cleric, Shaman/SK. Not very relevant to op's question
This.

Druid is probably the best levelling up as there is no replacement for low-mana snare while fear kiting with a backstabbing mob. After about 45 or so shaman definitely takes over.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread