Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I liked Log Horizon, but its more political/MMO in Nature. SAO would be a better fighting anime in that regards.

Which now that I think about that, I recommend that highly!
The worst thing about Sword Art Online is that its waaayy too short. They should have continued with the original premise and then made Alfheim online into another season.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worst thing about Sword Art Online is that its waaayy too short. They should have continued with the original premise and then made Alfheim online into another season.
That doesn't work, becomes Filler.

The series continues with new games/setting. I believe the next one is gun oriented.(Which airs this year)
Old 04-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't work, becomes Filler.

The series continues with new games/setting. I believe the next one is gun oriented.(Which airs this year)
It doesn't mean that filler can't be good. Its unfortunate that the original manga was so short.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Orc

The SAO light novels are amaaaaazing, same with Log Horizon. The first season of LH kind of dissapointed me, after all the basass fighting and character development they go back to intrigue and crap. But that's how it worked in the light novels, so can't blame them.

Rahn: 12 Mage
Old 04-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Orc

Oh yeah suggestions, in no particular order: Sword art online, log horizon, shakugan no shana, Fairy Tail(this one is pretty damn good, but watch it in a well lit room from a distance, a couple of scenes almost gave me seizures), Fate/zero, Fma brotherhood, Attack on titan(not really fighting though I guess). I'm sure I'm missing some really great ones.

Rahn: 12 Mage
Old 04-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Aviak

i liked inuyasha also
Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manga is good and I've read a few series, but a good soundtrack gives the story an extra punch. It'll tug at the heartstrings or sense of pride, courage, etc. It definitely rounds out and enhances the story.
I strongly agree! A good Anime OST will always make the anime more immersive, especially if the style of the soundtrack fits the background environment of the anime itself.

The original Naruto had a great soundtrack, which made it feel like it was part of the Feudal Japan era. After they started the Shippuuden series, the soundtrack for the anime changed completely and felt like it was out of place, like it didn't belong in that era so to speak. It's style got better over time, but it's still not as good as the first few OSTs from the very beginning of the series.

Quote:
I don't want to be "THAT GUY" But you shouldn't be wasting your time watching the anime for Shonen Jumps series. Read the mangas, less bullshit filler to deal with.
You could do both, I've been doing that with Naruto ever since the original Chuunin Exam arc. Since the manga is always ahead of the anime, you'd always know when there's a filler arc in the anime, and when it's the actual storyline. It felt like spoilers at first when reading the manga, but it was way too tempting not to.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread