Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Default just want to make sure i'm an idiot (re: cultural smithing)

I read on the wiki:
"Due to the alliance between Dark Elves and Ogres, all "Adamantite" components can be created by either race in their cultural forges and used in their respective recipes."

And thought that meant as an Ogre, I could use the Dark Elf forge, and also make the Dark Elf cultural armor. I leveled up blacksmithing mostly because I figure'd I could gear up my Ogre SK, DE cleric, and HE Bard(can wear DE cultural) all with the Ogre's blacksmithing....

I just tried to make an Adamantite block in the DE forge, and it told me only Dark Elves can use it.
Can only Dark elves make the dark elf cultural armor?

(If that's true, then the sentence on the wiki is kind of pointless and could lead to someone else being confused... The adamantite recipes already exist on both races cultural pages)
Old 09-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure this means the sub-components. My understanding is cultural forges may only be used by that culture's race. Meaning your ogre can only make ogre gear. But a darkelf could make the adamantite parts for him.. Humans get two freeport/qeynos. Diety doesn't matter. I can see how that would be misinterpreted though.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Yes now I am going to go to ogguk and try to make the DE armor in a forge I can use, but i am not hopeful!
Old 09-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(If that's true, then the sentence on the wiki is kind of pointless and could lead to someone else being confused... The adamantite recipes already exist on both races cultural pages)
It sucks that you got bit by confusing language [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I will point out though that wikis come with a built-in mechanism for you to fix them (and doing so could potentially save others from the same confusion) ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sucks that you got bit by confusing language [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I will point out though that wikis come with a built-in mechanism for you to fix them (and doing so could potentially save others from the same confusion) ...
For sure. I will add a clarifying sentence if my fears are proven true in oggok. Thanks for all the work you've done on the wiki, has been very helpful
Closed Thread