Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Banned

@pasi I am making sure a difference is known in the argument
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

I'm digging through the SK-forums atm. Unfortunately, the old shadowknight.org can't be accessed through the wayback. However, there's still a ton of confirmation of this. As for the guk example - I don't know, I didn't have access to instant IVU until Cazic Thule Revamp. VP was one zone where we relied on invis-pulling due to the incredibly quick respawn.

Here's something though:

Quote:
There's also something I've discovered as a ranger years ago. I don't know if it still works this way or not, as I've not used a bow in my entire shadowknight career thus far... but once I had innate camo, one can pull social mobs single from a group of socials by squeezing off an arrow, and immediately going invisible before the arrow hit. Then when the arrow crunched into the mob, it was as though none of the others had ever seen where it came from. The mob would come by itself.

We used to refer to this as rule #1 on the SK forums - you didn't directly talk about it - but some people still did.
Last edited by pasi; 07-12-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That trick was FD, stand + instant Circlet of Shadow - any see invis mobs would come toward you and mobs that didn't would path back. IF invis broke, the non-see invis mobs would re-aggro.
This is correct. If you pulled a mob and went invisible the aggro mobs would still transfer social aggro to nearby mobs while your invisible but those socially aggroed mobs would not start the chase until you became visible. The part where that aggro transfer happens when mobs don't see you doesn't appear to be implemented here, effectively making you invisible while you drag a mob around the zone.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

So who is against getting rid of Variance?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why anyone would be in favor of variance.

Variance put in place to remove poopsock and give smaller guilds a chance at raids because who is going to sit around for 48 hours, I thought...

what happens? Guilds track for 48 hours straight...

it just makes it harder for them, doesnt really do any good except forcing those guilds to be ready at a moment notice leaving the nonraid world more open for people. no fungi/royals/drusella/etc being perma camped by tmo in between raid spawns. but whatev

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

TL; DR

Kland, Zland, Sont, Yeli, Statue, Tormax, Vindi, Wuoshi, Kelorek, Velketor, Lodizal, West TOV, Dozekar, North TOV all of that had built in variance to some degree. Yeli/Max I'm not sure of, but went with it anyway. The talisman dragons had a +/- Range that was F'd up. Dozekar was 3 days +/- 18 hours. Other stuff like Garzicor you could do as fast as you wanted to though, so he should be left out of the equation. ST even had variance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 07-14-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL; DR

Kland, Zland, Sont, Yeli, Statue, Tormax, Vindi, Wuoshi, Kelorek, Velketor, Lodizal, West TOV, Dozekar, North TOV all of that had built in variance to some degree. Yeli/Max I'm not sure of, but went with it anyway. The talisman dragons had a +/- Range that was F'd up. Dozekar was 3 days +/- 18 hours. Other stuff like Garzicor you could do as fast as you wanted to though, so he should be left out of the equation. ST even had variance.
to a degree........
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Everything should either be properly classic or random chance 24/7 with a mean spawn rate of 4.3/month for 7-days and 10/month for 3-days if necessary to prevent poopsocking. I could never figure out why widows/variances were the solution.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 07-14-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Variances. Makes the game exciting. Come on if it was a known time you could have a bowl of cornflakes, take a crap, play with the old ladies ass etc. , watch Oprah for a bit, than go raid. How the hell boring is that.

Plus there wouldn't be shit to read on the forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread