Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

People still play here (p99) chasing the top guild on each server for scraps?
Old 06-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Banned

Cool

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

wow man! you're so cool and intelligent! damn! I don't know if I would have realized without this smirking flex post!

we need one of your gifs of the neckbeard guy to really drive your point home tho!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-14-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

-make a reference to my incredibly high IQ....check
-talk down on other people for not having my incredibly high IQ....check
-try to prove my incredibly high IQ by explaining Rick and Morty to the plebs...check
-smirk about how haughty and superior I feel a few more times....check
-try to sound tough and brag about my Rick and Morty tattoo...check
-talk about how all the ladies want to see my Rick and Morty tattoo...check

maybe a few more screen shots of your pvp kills will really seal the deal and prove to everyone here that you're the fucking coolest!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-14-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

✓ u mad
Old 06-14-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

God tell me he didn't fall for that, pinch me and wake me up
Old 06-15-2020, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Nice copy and paste.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah that's definitely a hilarious copy paste and if I'm not mistaken was a serious post from someone on r/rickandmorty . P99 players certainly need to "get out" more lollllllllll

<The A-Team>
Old 06-15-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People still play here (p99) chasing the top guild on each server for scraps?
I met quite a few people on Green that hadn't played on Blue. Was a nice surprise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread