Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard is the best game I've ever played. The pre-order pre-live week til May really was EQ incarnate with modern graphics.. then they absolutely bailed on it for reasons I dont care to know.
I also loved VG. Playing it was like coming home again, even though it had terrible bugs when I started. Eventually, it reached a point where it was pretty playable on a decent machine and then it was really a very very good game. Had it been properly itemized, it might have been even better than EQ. The graphics were stunning. I had a screenshot from VG on my desktop and a cable guy saw it and said, oh, where's that picture from? He thought it was real.

Eventually however, just like EQ, SOE had to ruin it. They put a muscle-minded tank-brain named "Silius" in charge, who championed the dumbing down and ruination of what COULD have been the greatest game ever created. SOE has no soul, no class and no good games left.

As for WoW, I played it for two years and enjoyed it, although I had to put up with a heavy PVP presence which I hate, and the cartoony graphical style of the game which makes me grit my teeth. Though I grew tired of the increasing simplicity, I left primarily because of the young player base. OOC was always filled with things like, "I'm so drunk right now", "I like boobies", "gotta go have a smoke", "I like sex", "gotta fire up a bowl" and so on, ad nauseum.
Last edited by mwatt; 07-12-2011 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Forgot to talk about WoW
Closed Thread