Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default Spell Icons

OK, first of all I apologies if this is image intensive (devs - feel free to remove the image files once you have had a look and get the idea).

After doing a little research and hunting on spell buffs I have managed to come up with the following sets of buffs:

1. Classic - Download

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2. Luclin - Download

3. Gates through to new PoR UI - Download

3. The Titanium release I have (it may vary to your version - I was supplied mine as I deleted over mine by accident) - Download

The classic, luclin and gates files have had their alpha channels redrawn correctly, the titanium files are only shown for dev reference and should be avoided at all costs!

-----

OK, so getting to my question. I know that the server is based on the Titanium release and should have 10 sets of tga files to pull from (3 gem icon sets, 7 spell icon sets) but for some reason my icons are just not matching up to the spell type shown on lucy. I'm getting mind buff icons where there should be muscle arms for example (some good spells to look at - druid Strength of Earth, gate, bard Chant of Battle to name a few).

I'm assuming that the spell data you have serverside is based on the classic version of gems rather than the luclin/gates versions above because the icons match up correctly? If so would you consider using the fixed versions I have above as the standard to be added to the 'UIchanges' in the getting started, rather than the Titanium versions that are supplied? If you look at the titanium small gem icons you can see where someone has tried to hash fix the icons (while also screwing up the alpha channel at the same time I may add) which does in fact fix the issue but the icons look aweful!

I am wondering at what points you will be considering using the newer versions (if at all?) of the spell icon data (be it luclin or gates as they follow the same progression - one just has newer and more icons but they are all in the right slots) so that anyone who is looking at grabbing their own icons off of say EQInterface.com won't have the same issue I had using custom icons.
Last edited by Savok; 05-24-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: I have since found out that the spell icon data is based on classic - velious and so I have upated the images and wording.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just to add to this, I am looking at the spells drowsy and sow for shamans. Both have a boot going in the same direction. Beneficial icons are supposed to go one way and detrimental icons go the opposite direction.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

I've posted a modified spells_us.txt file in a few places, but the most current one is available in this thread: http://www.wrathfulinquisition.com/viewtopic.php?t=9800

It fixes the spellicon and bufficon values to match up with the icons from the Velious era files.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtoad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add to this, I am looking at the spells drowsy and sow for shamans. Both have a boot going in the same direction. Beneficial icons are supposed to go one way and detrimental icons go the opposite direction.
Classic drowsy line was the double boots on thier side you see on the lists there
Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Project Manager

Classically, they were the same.

drowsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

spirit of wolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ght=spell+gems
Closed Thread