Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO ONE has been talking about doing Good VS Evil teams

It was proposed full custom teams hard coded, not the same teams that were ever used on any live server. It seems like it would be fun to try. If it fails then all the toons can go back to Red.

I propose no legacy items to make the game about the game and not about poopsocking temporarily in game junk like bind clickies manabones and such.

Just a straight up server with straight up content. Sorry psychopaths.
in a game like EQ there will always be people camping players for pvp at rare spawns if not manastone it would be something like the FBSS @ frenzy or the helm from lord or one of the sola camps.

Just need more empaths to protect the zone and pvp the pkers. You are pretty special though gustoo. You are 1 of a kind unique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

on old live people RP'd, chatted, and generally played more with less inclination to level and collect their own pixels. I remember high lvls always hanging around EC, nektulous zone line buffing newbs while selling and pvping other guilds, meeting up with their friends for powerleveling and what not waiting for groups. on rallos that is

*****reds OG community kind of drives away empaths tho.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-03-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

If they move our chars to blue... can you Turn Seb,Kael, and the planes All pvp.. I mean cmon all those bluebees against just the 50 of us? Surely they’ll win those camps.. >=)
Old 03-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Banned

No one is doing any teams or any pvp servers, Transcript of convo Lol

see you in thurgadin !

( i wont be there )
Old 03-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Merge red empty 2020, would delete all pixels and my 8 paladins for a fresh box. Even the naysayers would play and thrive.
Last edited by Danger; 03-03-2020 at 10:03 PM..
Old 03-04-2020, 05:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO ONE has been talking about doing Good VS Evil teams
Because it's a horrible idea. Go play WoW.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:59 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I'm not going to lie , I'd give up the little shit that I've collected over the years for a fresh start too lol. It's about that time.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

this is a strong community it has outlived original EQ, it will thrive again one day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2020, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it's a horrible idea. Go play WoW.
Agreed thats what I'm saying.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Banned

With all due respect for the work put in to make classic EQ servers, especially pvp, Rogean's input is comically out of touch. It was explained inside and out why the population drained during the first few months: He didnt listen to feedback about xp loss, or he did, but the wrong ones (people saying xp loss is fine cuz they were either PVEers or Griefers). Nihilum's poopsockers were a prime example of people who were militant on the forums about xp loss, and we now know RMT was involved, which is why they liked that stranglehold on Fear and wanted no change on the status quo. People were literally bragging for months on the forums that they used xp loss in pvp to get people to give up and quit. You had to actually try real hard not to read the forums for this to not be plain as day. Or he thought red had a large population of assholes, reading red forums was like sticking your head in a 3 week old cat litterbox so he just didnt do that.

Also props to sirken for putting in time, but when i saw him announce (i think it was during kunark?) that they were gonna nerf xp to help the population recover, i was speechless, this just drove in the final nails in the coffin, no surprise there.

I mean i wondered all these years if Rogean reads feedback, now im pretty sure he doesnt. At least as much as it was easy to get a clear picture of why red was drained of its population during red's launch (lets say the first 6 to 8 months), he cant see it.

So at this point im expecting the same debacle with teams, because all the feedback is there already (teams will kink fast toward one side or the other being dominant, with no means of rebalancing teams like guild switching on red serves that purpose, its easier to grief people when you dont have the 4 levels safeguarding) but most likely will not be read/ignored. I mean ill come here one last time with a bag of popcorn if on top of letting level 45s camp blackburrow lowbies they put in xp loss, because that shit will drain faster than red ever did. It will be a fitting end, im sorry to say.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-04-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-04-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

I hope teams is better. I believe people who will do it care, have been involved in red, and will have learned from the last few years.

All that said. I would take the risk to move, understanding your fear. We have to live in the moment. Even though this is EQ. I want more people to try it out. I believe a few fresh people may show for a fresh teams box with the knowledge that it will get merged if necessary. Who knows, red could merge onto the teams box as well if the server did exceptionally well within a year.
Closed Thread