Skeleton

sz ruleset or bust
Old 02-21-2020, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Excited for any new pvp server.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sz ruleset or bust
I do like this idea simply because it would allow them to be the most hands-off. I get the coding would take work, but once implemented and running in 2030, they could essentially sit back, collect social security and not have to concern themselves with anything, except actual hacking or exploiting. The PVP aspect and all methods used to win within legal boundaries would be a not their problem type issue.

I have been surprised that Daybreak or Darkpaw or whoever hasn't gone that route. They have literal servers up with 2-6 people total playing on them. They keep those servers running without issue. The idea that they would need to even occasionally peek in on an SZ ruleset is dumb and not needed. Plus they could gouge a few months of subscriptions with minimal overhead.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:07 PM
Kobold

they added and removed xp bonus so many fkin times when red was really growing is what happened
Old 02-21-2020, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to say that red99 is a great server I am just saying that there isn't a lot of incentive to bring red99 guys over to blue99 archive server for either party.

Bruh.

We're talking about a new Teams PvP server.. and the main thing holding Rogean back from doing it is the Red Question. "What do we do with red?"

Getting a fresh pvp server is a huge incentive to have our red characters merged into blue.

Wake up, before we miss this chance.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Aviak

R99 some of the most fun I have had on a MMO. Started on R99 with no friend ( no friends who played EQ pvp) and ended with many that I still game with on discord today. Some really fun times and laughs on R99 that I cherish today (no lie).
Old 02-21-2020, 10:58 PM
Banned

I say keep red running forever, if you wanna pvp go log in...

we don't need another new fresh server because that's all people are gonna do is cry fresh every year

red is fine try green
Old 02-21-2020, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question.

What would you rather have? Red in it's current state with 40 people in perpetuity.. or a brand new Teams PvP server with a thriving community?
What I would rather have is for them to UNbreak red so that we can raid end content again with our numbers. They totally fucked our server.

Muhh 5700hp rogue
Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmuhh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I would rather have is for them to UNbreak red so that we can raid end content again with our numbers. They totally fucked our server.

Muhh 5700hp rogue
i'll render a hand salute as your 5700hp rogue is transferred to blue for storage like arnold schwarzenegger being lowered into molten steel at the end of terminator 2

thats a sacrifice im willing to make for a thriving box.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
I don't want to open a second permanent server and have to support both ... There's a lot of concerns that staff had, such as a sudden influx of raid gear from red that was easier to obtain because of lack of any pvp competition.. influx of legacy items, etc
The solution, and I think you could get the staff on board with this, is that all players transferring from Red would have a different name color to flag them as Red refugees. All high end items for the transferred characters should be flagged in such a way that they can only be transferred among former Red players. So it's kind of a scarlet letter. Sure a former Red character may have some uber gear, but it's always obvious which server the gear originated from and they can't flood it into the economy of Blue. You of course could also make it so that former Red players can still engage in PvP with each other on Blue but it sounds like you've already considered that.

Quote:
The nice pro of a seasonal server though is that we could constantly change up the ruleset every iteration.. discord, teams, ffa, etc
Another pro is that one of those seasons could be the final season. You don't have to commit to another perpetual server.

Quote:
[It] needs to be teams.. it's the only way to protect the newer/isolated players ... otherwise you get one guild strong arming everyone. Three teams might segregate and already extremely small community a little too much.
It's always going to be one strong guild. Here's why I hope you will reconsider the original Race War ruleset. When Tallon Zek opened, it was the only ruleset that was so popular that they had to immediately make a copy of it (Vallon Zek) to load balance the population. Rallos and Sullon Zek never had this problem.

Here's how it went on those two servers. On Tallon Zek, the evil team won for the exact reason you mentioned. The zergs planned ahead to share Evil team (just like they did on Sullon Zek) and no other team had a chance. On Vallon Zek, Sirken and many others fought at my side to make sure Evil did not prevail. The three light race teams banded together.

Now I know we'll get a major cryfest about cross teaming but soft coded teams provides players with political options. You can be team exclusive. You can crossteam. Only WoW players need the ruleset to establish who their allies and enemies were. There is no interaction so real as when you're grouping with and trusting someone knowing they could attack you if they chose to. Interactions in a hardcoded environment will never be that meaningful.
Closed Thread