Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-01-2021, 05:16 PM
Large Rat

Default Running P99 on Mac 2021

Happy new year everyone.

A shot in the dark this may be, but as a new year unfolds can anyone shine any "new" light on how to run Project 1999 on a Mac?
I have been trying the techniques described on here that were posted a few years ago to no avail, Wineskin just crashes and/or nothing happens at all.
Also tried the technique posted here and unfortunately, the links that they have to download Wine must be obsolete now, and when I click to update the Wineskin CXG 10.3.0 as they do I am not shown a list to choose from at all, nothing happens.

Has Wine been replaced by Tall Pall's Porting Kit? I can't seem to get it to work at all.
Furthermore, is P1999 compatible with Porting Kit?

Any information would be so appreciated,
Thank you
Old 01-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Large Rat

Default Running P1999 on mac FIXED

If anyone is interested, you can get it playable using these simple instructions. (Thanks Joe Leonard)

Then downloaded this patch (thanks Morgrom) and unzip. Highlight all of these files EXCEPT the RenderEffects folder* and drag them into your Everquest folder replacing/overwriting them.

*There are 2 folders called MPL and SPL inside the Render Effects folder. Open them up and manually replace/overwrite each of their contents.

(For some reason if the old MPL and SPL folders are deleted, even for a second, you get the no walls/ground/sky issue (like so) since there is a dependency with other MPL/SPL files.)

May your quest be ever so good.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Orc

I'm trying to get p99 to work on my m1 macbook even using Parallels. It's still not 100%
Old 01-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Don't forget that Mojave was the last version of Mac OS that supported 32bit applications
Old 01-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget that Mojave was the last version of Mac OS that supported 32bit applications
I'm using Sierra.

Rexin,
I open the EverQuest.bat file in Porting Kit by Paul the Tall, as I still have had zero success using any version of wine, wineskin winery, bottler with any wrapper manually.