Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default Am I the only person who has never played WoW?

I have tried, really I have. I was in beta and uninstalled after 2 hours. I tried again in 2008 or so with a free 14 day trial and I think I made a level 3 rogue (or whatever they are called) on some server that begins with N. Even with the free to level 20 option I just can't bring myself to play it.

Anyone else out there like me?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Kobold

This is the P99 forum, not the "Bash other games" forum. >.>

(10:59:44 PM) Haze1: your cat is cuter than naez's confirmed
Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Same here. I tried a during a couple different free trials. I don't even remember if I got out of whatever zone I started in.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

For all the groundwork EQ ever did, WoW did bring with it an atmosphere that I loved...

a) The whole horde vs alliance thing was catchy (until they pretty much broke the lore with blood elf paladins and weird looking draenei who didn't fit the shaman class at all).

b) The PvP was a good game of chess sometimes (until it turned into gang-rape/steamroll 3v1 gear dominated culture).

The one thing for me though was it really did embody "EZ mode", and many young players who wouldn't have lasted with a game like EQ hung on with WoW because it was easy to hit the top level. With such a young player base (and my advancing years lol) that was the main turn off, "barrens chat" means one thing and one thing only...retards.

Coming back to EQ and P99 specifically has been a breath of fresh air for the most part, although some here did sadly graduate from the school of WoW etiquette and forum trolling. Plenty of evidence in RnF and P99 Red forums. If I can ignore the trolls, which for the most part I do, I enjoy the server here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's my thoughts at least. WoW wasn't a bad thing to begin with, but successive expansions killed it for me with features that I didn't find appealing (daily jousting quests, anyone?)
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in beta and uninstalled after 2 hours. I tried again in 2008 or so with a free 14 day trial and I think I made a level 3 rogue (or whatever they are called) on some server that begins with N.
sounds like you DID play wow. lol?

however, to answer the question you meant to ask:

yes, I never played wow. there are those of us out here that have never played it.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMallet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the P99 forum, not the "Bash other games" forum. >.>
prolly better suited for OFF TOPIC then server chat

I bought the game for launch since all my friends from EQ were moving to either wow/EQ2
couldnt stand to play the first 30 days of wow, think i played 3 weeks? then loaded up EQ2 and played the full 30 but...
they both sucked imo lol

wow seemed to easy, and everytime i came back to town there was another 3-5 NPC's with arrows over their heads.. then id have to wait for a couple people doing the exact same quest to complete it
they would never speak, so makin friends with any of them sucked as each quest was a quick PUG
Didnt like EQ2 cuz i kept running thru KOS camps when i would be typing in tells (cant turn or anything when your in chat lol) that and everyone's armor was some shade of grey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ for Life!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Aviak

Default Oh

I have never played WOW also.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I meant to post this in Off Topic, sorry.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

Never bothered to try WoW.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never bothered to try WoW.
same, just like daoc... saw a friend playing it and said "wow looks like eq but not eq"
Closed Thread