Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Been there, done that. 3 lvl 80s - a healer, a tank and a dps. EZ mode? yes. Only played because some good friends were. Once they stopped I stopped.

Played lots of other games but EQ is still the one with the best memories, the one I hold nearest and dearest.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Aviak

If you played a game for like 2 hours, you played the game.

DAoC was one of the best MMOs ever made.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

Wow pvp was brilliant at all times, wow gameplay was and is chick friendly (my ex played and some of her friends), it was not time dependant like eq.

The downside is it was by social, there was no guild allegiance etc. Guildhopping shits me. Pugs shit me. Etc. The game was so anonymous.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

I played EQ, EQ2, and DAoC all extensively, but never played WoW for more than an evening. Had a friend get me to try the Trial a couple of times, but I couldn't ever get into it.

Like what was said above, it just all seemed familiar. Since I already played the above games, I didn't really feel like re-learning weaker PVP than DAoC (I loved their PvP Pre-Atlantis, which I never played), less-sandboxy leveling than EQ, and re-doing an endless amount of "Fetch X" quests to level like in EQ2.

That and the graphics. Couldn't stand the cartooniness.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Kobold

Never played WOW. Online games I have played are EQ, SoF2, EQ2, MW2, Black Ops, and now back to this. Love these kinds of games and EQ has always been my favorite. Did love The Bard's Tale 2 quite a bit on the Commodore 64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

WoW was fun and a lot harder when it was first created. Almost every single change they've ever made to it since 2003 (Yes I played during alpha in 2003, had a friend working at Blizzard) has been to dumb it down and make it easier.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Leveling in WoW is easy mode, raiding in EQ is easy mode. Apples and oranges.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Sarnak

i haven't either
Old 07-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I played with real life friends for years. I have way too many characters and I know I have 3 capped at 85 and 5 at 80 currently. I did the raiding thing, few heroic fights etc.. it was really a lot easier than what EQ was and currently is on this classic server.

TLDR: I played it. I enjoyed it while I played it. I like EQ better though, I feel more.. free and enjoy myself more when I play.

EDIT: Lore wise I like Warcraft as well, but I can say the same about EQ's lore.. or what of it I know. I like the story.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Large Bat

Tried to play WoW when my family made the switch, I think I played a day of it? And not even an hour of that day I believe...

I tried EQ 2 with a friend, she loved it, I didn't care for it.

I enjoyed Dark Age of Camelot, but still not as much as the original EQ.

I'm now trying RIFT, because the same friend I played EQ 2 with talked me into it. If it wasn't so damn laggy I'd probably be enjoying it a little more...but I hate games that walk me through every little thing and make you do quest after quest after quest. I like some difficulty...and EQ will forever be my favourite for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (and for the community...)
Closed Thread