Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Default /rude to whomever has the Savok name on an alt someplace!

Savok has been my main on Live for 11 years since the day the servers went live March 16 1999. I'm one of the admins over at www.theconcerthall.net - the unofficial bard forums and I have also run my own version of the Vert UI since around the beginning of 2003.

I have checked /w all Savok everyday that I have been here (around 10 days now?) 3 or 4 times a day and have never seen you online!

I'm really disheartened in not being able to use what I consider my name for my main character, my bard sits at level 2 because I just don't have the heart to play him if I can never have a chance of changing the name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I could understand and could accept it if someone was playing the toon regularly but they are not.

I have petitioned several times (and will continue to do so) on a name change, only to find that the name is still 'taken'. I ask if there was anyway for someone to even look up the toon and tell me the creation and /played time but they are unable to do that (so what happens if your toon goes tits up and they need to restore you?).

So basically I am asking, nay pleading, if you have this name - either delete, get a name change or play the toon PLEASE!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Making demands and puffing up your e-chest is probably not the best way to convince someone to delete their alt with "your" name.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks but the point is if your not going to even play the toon then it shouldn't be a bother to you, right? I have been on at all different times and never even seen this person online. Like I said if your playing it I would be upset that I can't have the name but I would be glad that it lives on - the issue is that they are not even playing.

The demand was a bit tongue-in-cheek really tbh, in no way do I think I'm puffing up anything just backing up why I feel I should have some (if any) claim to this name.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making demands and puffing up your e-chest is probably not the best way to convince someone to delete their alt with "your" name.
99.9% chance the person doesn't read the forums, just throwing that out there.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
99.9% chance the person doesn't read the forums, just throwing that out there.
That too.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Orc

How much are you willing to pay?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Aviak

It's me. I have your name.

He's a lvl 2 Barbarian Shaman who loves strolls around Everfrost getting killed by skeletal musicians, and will continue to do so.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's me. I have your name.

He's a lvl 2 Barbarian Shaman who loves strolls around Everfrost getting killed by skeletal musicians, and will continue to do so.
I lol'd.

If you don't use it you may as well let him have it /shrug. A name that means nothing to you clearly means a lot to him.

I enchant things...
Old 05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

dude its a name move on.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Large Rat

Savok!

Welcome.

I remember you from the Concert Hall. I stopped laying in 2004-2005 timeframe but visited the board for a long time after. Saw you have tried to preserve the site. Hope you come on board and join us (Can we talk about classic bard stuff on The Concert Hall?? )

Athe Lullaby
Closed Thread