Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-10-2021, 01:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Has anyone yet considered that this is a highly unsupported game(Not a lot of staff, no offense). Maybe the issue isn't you but instead the game. No other games I've played I've has these problems in. I've experienced the same deal as the rest. No fix because what if it is the game. Stability can be a problem in many games, but at one point it gets fixed.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only tried this for this evening and tried to induce a crash, nothing yet, here's my possible solution, specific to NVIDIA newer cards (since that seems to be the commonality):

Right click Desktop
NVIDIA Control Panel
Manage 3D Settings
Program Settings
Select or add Everquest (eqgame.exe)
Shader Cache Off

I'll update if I end up getting a crash again
If someone wants to try it on Linux, set these environment variables in Lutris:
Code:
DXVK_STATE_CACHE=0
__GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE=0
Old 07-13-2021, 02:36 PM
Large Rat

Here comes double post.
After checking that my cache have so far accumulated a whooping 377 KiB, I've found no reason for it to sit on the slow drive. I haven't experienced the crashes some of the posters here are mentioning, alas since turning it off, the freezes when something new is rendered are noticeably shorter.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:00 PM
Aviak

This maybe ?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=388079
Old 07-27-2021, 02:20 PM
Aviak

This is the same issues i am now having - may i ask if you are playing on a hotspot ??? because im leaning on perhaps its upload sync is causing it to freeze i have done like 5 different suggested things as listed up top with next to no positive outcome... went as far as reseting my Nivida VC to 60 FPS just to see if it helped - it did - the game runs smoother but still freezes...

* bangs head on wall *
Old 07-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

The cause seems to be down to when the game loses the display to something that is taking exclusive control of the display. Admin prompts/UAC/Secure Desktop, does this. Also launching something else that has an exclusive full screen mode (another/different game) can do this as well. Fullscreen borderless and UWP games don't cause this from my own experiences.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only tried this for this evening and tried to induce a crash, nothing yet, here's my possible solution, specific to NVIDIA newer cards (since that seems to be the commonality):

Right click Desktop
NVIDIA Control Panel
Manage 3D Settings
Program Settings
Select or add Everquest (eqgame.exe)
Shader Cache Off

I'll update if I end up getting a crash again
With this setting set I can still force a screen freeze by invoking a Secure Desktop task by launching an application that needs admin rights.