Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-28-2023, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God I miss invis pulling and even monk sneak pulling. Was such fun emergent gameplay if a little trivial.

Dotting something as an SK and then using your FD, circlet, and/or hide to single it through an entire zone was peak OP.

Also made it very easy to train groups or individuals you hated with little to no evidence, which I never did, GM's.
I haven't touched my p99 necro in about 11 years, but the FD+COS trick worked on live forever and probably still does to this day.

Aggro something -> FD -> stand and COS at the same time. Mobs that see-invis would re-aggro; whereas, mobs without see-invis do not re-aggro you unless you drop invis. If something is dotted, it would re-aggro when the dot ticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Infinite z access on taunt/beg was good with this. Could pull knight down to basement from tower in unrest and all sorts of other crazy fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The definitive method to skip hours of Vex Thal trash before they added leashes. Ok for Reparm pulling too.

Whats the King meta now, even? Rock or the safe tunnel? Latter seems like you'd have to clear out adepts who want to CHeal their boy through the walls.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the King meta now, even? Rock or the safe tunnel? Latter seems like you'd have to clear out adepts who want to CHeal their boy through the walls.
safe tunnel / brain room
Old 03-28-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't touched my p99 necro in about 11 years, but the FD+COS trick worked on live forever and probably still does to this day.

Aggro something -> FD -> stand and COS at the same time. Mobs that see-invis would re-aggro; whereas, mobs without see-invis do not re-aggro you unless you drop invis. If something is dotted, it would re-aggro when the dot ticks.
they patched that out like 11 years ago
Old 03-28-2023, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Well, shit.

I last played at the end of The Buried Sea and start of Secrets of Faydwer. SKs and Necros had a good run for 13 years of FD + COS pulling.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well, shit.

I last played at the end of The Buried Sea and start of Secrets of Faydwer. SKs and Necros had a good run for 13 years of FD + COS pulling.
oh i meant the p99 FD/CoS pulling, dunno about live
Old 03-28-2023, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well, shit.

This seemed to be working a decent chunk into Live.

http://eqshadowknight.net/archive/index.php/t-2781.html
Old 03-29-2023, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious if its possible to solo that camp that drops the Fungi tunic? If so, which classes can do it?

If not, is it possible to duo it? Which classes would be easier to duo it?
OP, why do you want to solo it? Share with fewer people? I just think it's unrealistic. The way to get fungis is either camp it with 3-4 people over and over, or farm plat and buy one.

And you gotta play your best, most useful level 60 dungeon-crawler. Not a ranger, not a druid, not a wizard...one of the other ones. Monk, cleric, enchanter, mage with COTH. And you gotta group with some top-notch level 60 characters.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Kill two pathers. Pull king to a cleric with a jav. Fd. Stand after 2 da’s and auto attack king until it dies. Ch as appropriate.

Any EC geared monk and naked cleric can do it. Add better gear and it trivializes it to the point you don’t even clear the panthers. Pacify, pull king, kill, repacif and med, camp cleric/fd monk and repeat.

Or kill 2 pathers, pull king to a monk or sk in water to clean tag. Stand after 26 seconds absolute maximum but generally 18ish for reset. Kill king with two melee in mostly tov gear. Fd and repeat.

There ain’t a lot to say about it. Fungis should be like 10k they’re so trivial to farm but people just don’t get off their arse and do it.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill two pathers. Pull king to a cleric with a jav. Fd. Stand after 2 da’s and auto attack king until it dies. Ch as appropriate.

Any EC geared monk and naked cleric can do it. Add better gear and it trivializes it to the point you don’t even clear the panthers. Pacify, pull king, kill, repacif and med, camp cleric/fd monk and repeat.

Or kill 2 pathers, pull king to a monk or sk in water to clean tag. Stand after 26 seconds absolute maximum but generally 18ish for reset. Kill king with two melee in mostly tov gear. Fd and repeat.

There ain’t a lot to say about it. Fungis should be like 10k they’re so trivial to farm but people just don’t get off their arse and do it.
I think its that most players don't understand how easy it is. Theres a small percent of the currently playing pop that can do this routinely.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, chill.

P99 has had a long history. You can remember a time when weird bugs let everyone duo the camp, and I can remember a time when it was mainly a group camp ... and we can both be right.
it was a group camp because p99 blue used to have a higher ratio of newer and less experienced players, but this was a separate population than the hardcore players who've been around since 2010. I know, i was one of them. I used to routinely join full group pugs of fellow newbs at the camp up through 2018 or so. They would always annoy the duo/trio farmers.

Seb in general had active pickup groups running at most of the camps during most hours of the day up until green launch or so.

The more casual, still leveling base is what i miss most about old blue.